Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

eTon IS Made in Taiwan. FYI.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:06 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default eTon IS Made in Taiwan. FYI.

Hey Ramtech, did you hear that? We all know Eton has an ancient Chinese secret....well...they have an ancient Chinese scooter engine, anyway. And it's high tech???? LMAO! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DigginFool-Jackass, I was agreeing with you. I bought a Taiwan Polaris, and its light years ahead of the Chinese stuff. I have a few riding buddies with E-Tons, and theirs are far superior as well. Taiwan may use some Chinese parts, but thier workmanship is superior on frames and sheet metal.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:23 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

My point is the Eton technology CAME from China. Who do you think the scooter capital of the world is? Mine's pretty much identical to a Polaris Scrambler 90 and the even referenced a joint venture with Polaris at the time I bought it. QJ is Chinese. Sundiro/Madami is dang near identical to the Eton. They are Chinese. You don't find these similarities the least bit interesting?

Least something that makes you go hmmmmmmm????????

Old 05-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

RAMTech, your post appeared a bit sarcastic given the context of the tripe Raptorlegs was puking out. Call me what you want, but I'm not the jackass that bought SunL. Take a look at the equipment I own. Save for the Aasco (haven't owned it long enough to make an opinion about it), everything I own is solid and reliable. All of it has been heavily used and is nearly as clean as the day I bought them. Once again, Raptorlegs, you have shown what a simplistic-minded moron you are. There are just so many ways to bend metal around a scooter engine to turn it into an ATV. Hell yeah, they all look the same. They all got the basic design from the company that invented the quad. It's the quality of workmanship and materials that makes the difference. The facts speak for themselves. Besides the few exceptions you have embraced, the stuff coming out of CHINA is junk. And you can try to yuk it up all you want; Taiwan is one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. Their manufacturing facilities in all arenas are cutting edge. That statement has nothing to do with scooter engines, a$$wipe.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

I have been to China, Taiwan, Korea and HongKong. None of them are leaders in Technology over the others. I've bought hundreds of millions of dollars worth of sheet metal, machining and castings from each of those countries. The only difference is what US company has decided to partner with the local companies. Once you find that, it doesn't matter what country you are in. Right now, I am getting the best technolgy from Shanghai, but we spend a little more than we would have if that same exact comany was in South China. Most of the companies I work with have locations in at least 2 of the 4 countries, I just pick where I want it built for country content that I need to satisfy my customers localized demands.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Trailblazer

In no way did I imply that Taiwan had a corner on the technology department. Clearly, Japan, South Korea and Hong Kong have advanced manufacturing facilities. They have to in order to meet US demand (let alone the rest of the world demand). I am also aware that there is the beginning of a technology revolution in China. A good friend of mine just returned from a trip to China and he was amazed at some of the new cities that have been born around the new manufacturing areas; cities that are as modern as any in the world, if not more so. But China has a long way to go before they catch up to the rest of the East. Once they shed the shackles of their government and rampant corruption, they will be a true world economic power. Until then, I will trust the experiences of others and avoid any product, regardless of where it is made, that has proven itself unworthy of my money.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:31 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: digginfool
I'm not the jackass that bought SunL. .... Hell yeah, they all look the same. They all got the basic design from the company that invented the quad. It's the quality of workmanship and materials that makes the difference. The facts speak for themselves. Besides the few exceptions you have embraced, the stuff coming out of CHINA is junk.

Nope, you're just a jackass. I menat look under the plastics of your Eton and the Sunray 90 and you will find the same little 82cc Chinese scooter engine made with the same parts from the same metals that Taiwan has to import from the mainland. You can argue workmanship for a specific factory, quality control or whatever, but it's the same materials.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:35 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

So why don't you just list out what BRANDS you think are junk. You never know, I might even agree with you.

Old 05-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer

The junk quads are marketed under so many different brands that it doesn't pay to even try to list them. It's like I've said from the beggining; you get what you pay for. You are the apparent expert on the extremely few quality Chinese quads. Why don't you make a list of the 2 or 3 cheap brands that perform to all your expectations of excellence. And if all the Taiwanese quads are assembled from Chinese parts, how is it that you can only come up with 2 or 3 good Chinese quads while the majority of quads coming out of Taiwan are not even being mentioned when it comes to problems? By the way, are these quality quads in the same price range as the SunL we've been discussing or are they in the same range as the eTon? Otherwise, your whole argument in this thread has been nothing but hot air. All you've managed to do is prove my point from the other thread. I don't have a clue what bunched up your lace panties when I pointed out, correctly, that eTon is made in Taiwan. Or was this just another chance for you to see your pontifications in print? Next time, try to make sure you actually have something worth arguing about before you start puking out your rhetoric. Loser.

Old 05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

I bet you have a lonely little life.

Feel free to compare yours to mine. $1180 to my door. Your plastics and floorboards are a little nicer, the carb is better and I like the rear hydraulic brake on the Eton. The QJ has more displacement (same "polaris style" engine) and came with a headlight, which some people like. The motor has been rock solid, even after mods. They are certainly comparable.

And just how many quality brands are coming out of Taiwan? Not very many.

Quick Reply: eTon IS Made in Taiwan. FYI.