Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

eTon IS Made in Taiwan. FYI.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eTon IS Made in Taiwan. FYI.

The only reason I haven't told you to bend yourself over is it's quite amusing the length you have gone to try to convince yourself that you didn't waste your money buying Chinese junk. How much did you have to spend to get a machine that performs as well as the eTon does stock? By your own measure, the quality of materials and workmanship doesn't match the eTon either. What the hell is your point? Besides the bolt-ons Billy sold you, what else have you had to do to the QJ to make it something you're willing to live with? Redo welds? Replace hardware (oh, I'm sorry, that's nuts and bolts to simpletons)? You still haven't proven anything other than you are desperate. Speaking of lonely little lives, how much time does it take to post 8,100+ tripe filled posts in less than 3 years? Loser.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

This is almost too funny! Just for giggles, I did a search of Taiwanese ATV manufacturers and stumbled across this article in tomorrow's Taiwan Headlines newspaper (yes, it's already tomorrow in Taiwan, Raptorlegs). The article was about the award of the Bombardier contract to one of the major TAIWANESE ATV manufacturers for Bomb's mini-ATV line. There is a concern that this will push dropping profit margins even lower and may lead to outsourcing of Chinese parts for the Taiwanese ATV industry (gosh, I thought they were already doing that, according to ChickenLegs). Here is the response:

"Some local ATV manufacturers fear that their big new rivals might use low-price parts from China or Southeast Asia in order to keep their costs down. The big newcomers retort that they have never done such a thing, especially in view of the fact that safety requirements are more stringent for ATVs than for PTWs in general."

http://english.www.gov.tw/TaiwanHead...recordid=86294

Just when I thought you thought you knew what you're talking about. Turns out, you don't even know that you don't have a clue. Loser.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:08 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: digginfool
The only reason I haven't told you to bend yourself over is it's quite amusing the length you have gone to try to convince yourself that you didn't waste your money buying Chinese junk. How much did you have to spend to get a machine that performs as well as the eTon does stock? By your own measure, the quality of materials and workmanship doesn't match the eTon either. What the hell is your point? Besides the bolt-ons Billy sold you, what else have you had to do to the QJ to make it something you're willing to live with? Redo welds? Replace hardware (oh, I'm sorry, that's nuts and bolts to simpletons)? You still haven't proven anything other than you are desperate. Speaking of lonely little lives, how much time does it take to post 8,100+ tripe filled posts in less than 3 years? Loser.

FU man, I tell it like it is. Which is something you can't handle. It sure as hell didn't take $700 worth of improvements to make mine a better running machine. That's right, mine would run circles around either one of yours and I have less money in it. Why pay for a better carb when you're going to chunk it anyway? The auto chokes suck and those have been on a lot of Taiwanese quads too including your Eton brand. You have no knowledge of the machines and try to mask your ignorance with insults. You're nothing but a moron with a chip on his shoulder about something he appears to of never even owned. Talk out your butt some more, dillweed.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer

Oooooh. Resorting to vulgarities now, huh? What's the matter, ChickenLegs? Truth hurts? You are so predictable. That's the only reason why I've gone along with this as long as I have. There's nothing more amusing than tearing down self-named experts that don't know when to shut up after starting arguments in the first place. And in regards to performance, I absolutely guarantee your QJ can't touch the Aasco. Straight from the box, it is the fastest 90 I have ever seen (haven't seen a Cobra yet and I'm sure it would stomp the Aasco). Then again, we're not comparing apples to apples anymore. Have a nice evening! I know I will.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:21 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Who the hell said mine was stock, dillweed. Line 'em up. I'm talking $ for $. Let's go. Take a trip. I'll show you some awesome dunes. Promise you'd have a hell of time. Might even buy the beer just for the bragging rights. Side by side I'll change your way of thinking. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the invite but if I pack up my quads and travel to dune country, I plan to do it with people whose company I enjoy. It's just a matter of time before you come across an Aasco/Apex Pro MX90 so you might as well take a look at what you're up against. Currently, the national modified points lead is shared between an Aasco and a Kasea (as of last week). I fired mine up for the first time today and in the first 100 feet I'm wondering how well it would run with my Raptor. Forget the Viper. It would never stand a chance. But, then again, we're talking about a $3,100.00 quad. Not exactly a fair comparison. The only common complaint I've heard about the Aasco is the weak swingarm. Once I received the quad, I realized there is nothing particularly wrong with the swingarm. It is typical of all scooter engine swingarm designs. The problem arises from the +6 axle creating excessive loads for the design. The extra length creates more leverage and basically twists the swingarm laterally the first time you put a heavy load on it. A 4" piece of box tubing, a couple of cuts and 5 minutes with the mig welder cured that issue. Just copied the same bracing that the aftermarket swingarms use. Good luck when you meet one.

http://www.apexatv.com/

Old 05-04-2006, 11:27 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: digginfool
Thanks for the invite but if I pack up my quads and travel to dune country, I plan to do it with people whose company I enjoy.
Shame, I was just starting to like your spirit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Trust me. No stock quad would stand a chance save a Cobra. Not in a drag anyway. I've been frugile but gotten the parts I need. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I dislike someone. Sorry you took things so personal. Good luck to you too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Dillweed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Trailblazer

Wow, you two are very entertaining [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I've been following this thread for the past fue days and I gotta say whooooooooooooooo. Whats the big deal between a Taiwan and Chinese quad, some are a few hundreds bucks and some a a couple of grand. I think the "big" four need to be shut out by use that buy the either/or bike's.

I have DB 90 Dinli, my first mini that I dumped 700 bucks into and I can say is bad aRRRRR. I still ahven't sean andy QJ, (don't know what it is) or Aasco. I have seen the Cobra on the webiste a few months back and HOLY sheeeeeet. Aside from that, can use off brand owners get along.

BTW, Rap you have a 400ex, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] thats funny............................................. .................... J/K

Old 05-04-2006, 11:37 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: sssduaneBTW, Rap you have a 400ex, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] thats funny............................................. .................... J/K

LOL! I know. I'm wanting to pass it to my daughter and get me something else if it makes you feel any better. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

OK, OK,

My buddy has one that is bored ( and I did spell that correctly, because its boring) to a 430 and he thinks it keeps up to our Z/KFX400's.

I gotta admit about the EX bikes, I do really like my 300 ex, a lot of usable power with some very good upgrade options.

BTW, where is sand city?

Quick Reply: eTon IS Made in Taiwan. FYI.