Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

What is it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is it?

Ok, Our little pink 90cc mini has this little three prong plug on the right hand side of the machine down in front of the rear tire on the body plastic. I didn't notice it mentioned in the manual. Any one have a clue what this thing is for or what you ar suppose to plug into it? Could it be a battery charging port of somekind? Thanks for any responses.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default What is it?

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. Can you trace the wires from that plug? If they go to + and - on the battery, they may be for charging or for jump starting. Just a thought.

I've been thinking about getting a mini quad for my daughter. At first I was set to buy a MeerKat 50, but then saw the Mini90 in pink and thought the 90 might be a better fit and she wouldn't outgrow it as quickly. As I look at the specs for the two machines, the 90 is almost the same size as the 50.

How old and how tall is your ATV Princess? Does the 90 look proportional, do you think it's a good fit?

Thanks,
Doug

Old 05-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Range Rover
Default What is it?

Hey Doug, I think the 90 is a much better quad than the 50. The 50 has no shocks and doesn't have the features the 90 does. Our ATV princess is 4 years old and 39 inches tall. She fits really well on the quad with feat flat on the floor boards. We have it turned down to about 5 miles per hour and it has plenty of room for her to grow into. Plus the pink looks great. She rides this thing almost everyday and it runs excellent. We got ours at wickedrocket.com and had absolutely no problems with them at all. Raceway atv is also mentioned alot on here. all in all ithink the 90 is a better bet. If you go to our in progress website at www.summittrailriders.com and go to photos, you can see her on the 90 with her cousin on the 50. Summit Trail Riders

Mike

Old 05-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default What is it?

I had the same unidentifiable port on my sons SunL mini 90. I removed at the point where it was connected with no ill affect to the machine.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Range Rover
Default What is it?

That's wierd, and knowone seems to know what that thing is for. My mini says freedom on the fender, I wonder if it is a sunl also. We got it through wicked rocket but I was never actually sure what brand it is. Oh well. so much for the mystery port.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Range Rover
Default What is it?

OOPS....<u>NO ONE</u> seems to know. no spelling bees for me! lol.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default What is it?

Freedom is also on our fenders. I also got it from Wickedrocket. SunL is definitely the manufacturer. It's known as the Freedom 90 or the SunL mini 90. I think it said it was a Kazuma on the Wicked site.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Range Rover
Default What is it?

Well, I think it's safe to say that we have the same machine and the same mystery port. Oh well. Hopefully you have had as good as luck with your machine that I have had with mine. Our daughter really loves it!

Old 05-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default What is it?

I checked the pics on your profile, exactly the same machine (except for the color).
I have had very good luck, thank you and the same to you.
A few notes that might help:
-I moved the key from the right side, to the front just ahead of where the handlebars are mounted. I fabricated a plate to receive the key switch and bolted it to the front nuts on the handle bar cradle. I did this because if my son's knee moved forward after hitting the smallest of bumps it would hit the key and kill the machine.
-The tires are thin. Keep a plug kit and pump handy. Three repairs since January, we ride the same trail and he's the only one getting punctures.
-Don't expect the battery to last long at all. I recently ordered a new battery from motorcyclebatteriesusa.com. It's a PowerMax, Item #: GTX5L-BS Sealed Battery, Unit Price: $34.75 shipping and handling included.
-Keep an eye on the front hubs. The bearings stink and are not well protected at all. One bearing detonated and then, of course, the other bearing on the same hub went. I was able to salvage the hub and collet. I found a bearing website that sold me a sleeve of 10 better quality bearings for $20 and the added fender washers to either side of the hubs of both front wheels to provide add'l protection from foreign material. They've been spinning freely ever since.

Good luck!

Old 05-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Range Rover
Default What is it?

Do you have the bearing site and the part number you ordered? I might as well stock up if these are going to eventually go. We changed that battery right away. Do you know how to remove the alarm? Thanks,

Mike