Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 90 motor....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 90 motor....

What Honda replica motor is this? I was thinking it might be the GY6 but Im not sure. I know I used to ride my Grandfathers Trail 90's when I was a kid, man I used and abused those things and they kept on going. I wish I had a manual tranny for my '06 Kazuma Mini Falcon 90 that I just got my son because he redlines that thing constantly. Any mods you guys can recommend to get higher top speed without losing my bottom end grunt? Is there a "real" CVT tranny I can put in it like the GY6 150's? Im thinking my only options are sprocket changes (I dont even know what it has on it stock). I do have a UNI filter and an NGK 6 plug in it and it runs good. (I run Union 76 100 octane unleaded fuel ONLY in that and my '02 WR 426). Any help is greatly appreciated. Email me: alex_peterson@dot.ca.gov

Old 05-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 90 motor....

nice little quads if ya ask me...
The motor is a really clos to the honda 110's 70 and 90's. Not sure what internal parts swap yet.. I have about 4 honda 110's and the heads and cylinder look real close, but the bottom end looks different cause of the recoil versus the electric start..
The heads off the Kazuma 110 will bolt up, they got larger valves to 'em that's about it.
Was looking at the stator side of the motor today, trying to figure out how to advance the timing.
Also trying to figure out how to make the centr. clutch engage at higher RPM..

so far I have added
K&N filter
swapped the rear wheels around left to right( added 3" to the back)
Big Guns Exhaust ( from a TRX 90 cut and reweld for length).
went from a 12 to 14 tooth front sprocket..

Lt 80 3/120 is the bolt pattern for front and rear wheels..

The front sprockets are the same as the CT70 dirtbikes I got them listed on my site... You must replace the chain to a 420 chain to run 'em.
I had to rig an adapter for the filter ... (how to on my site also.)
AS I find more performance or oem upgrades (other than Kazuma) I'll list them to my site, will share the info here on the forums..
Anyhow I am new with this quad and my boy has begun racing it, he took 2nd out of 7 his 1st race.. (before the upgrades) Mainly against other chinese quads and 1 trx90 with a girl rider on it..

later,
Chad

ps
when all else fails I am gonna upgrade to a brand X 125 cc motor. Complete motor with all wiring and pipe for $475. 4 speed manual transmission!
check 'em here
http://www.spankyscycles.com/parts.html tell spanky that AFROracing sent ya...