Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

how do bleed the brake line

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do bleed the brake line

I have a baja and am having trouble bleeding the line cannot get any pressure. My son is upset with me cause he cannot ride. Can anyone help me?

Old 05-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

i know how to do it on cars take the cap off and fill it up open the bleader screw farthest form the master cyl, hold the leave about half way and see if it comes out this is called gravity bleading if this dosent work tighten the bleader back up, have your kid pump the peadle till it starts to get har then have him hold it down all the way you opent the bleader and close it after everything comes out. do this 10 or so times but make sure he holds it down whil your oping the bleader and closing it if not it will let air back in the lines

Old 05-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer

Squeeze the brake lever 5 to 10 times and hold on last squeeze. Quickly open the bleeder on the caliper and close then release brake lever. Repeat a couple of times until it holds pressure. Don't let the fluid resvoir get low and keep the cap on it while you are squeezing the brake or you'll have a mess. Good luck. You could spend 2o minutes doin this it it could take you 2 minutes, no way to say for sure.

Old 05-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Go to the auto parts store and buy a brake bleeder. Or if you have a shop vac, take a piece of hose ( I think its 1/4 inch )and attach it to the bleed screw and partially tape the other end to the shop vac hose. Pump the brake lever as you suck it threw.
I've done this, works good.