Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

new sunl 90 carb ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new sunl 90 carb ?

just bought new sunl 90. it has a k&n style air filter. what is the cleaning procedure for this? book says to cover in oil and let drip dry. obviuosly this isnt right, do you just take air to it to clean it [ after taking it off the bike]!!? also when my son gives it some throttle it sure does sound like a lot of air being sucked in. is this normal? do all atv's with this filter make that much air noise? also sometimes it just dies it will start right back up but it will die a minute later sometimes not. is idle set to low? if i adjust it do i need to adjust air/fuel mixture screw? and how much? except for these few problems which im sure is just a few adjustments it runs great. ..son is 6 and has plenty of power im 270 and it pulls me with no prblem. thanks for the help.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:01 PM
Trailblazer

well i took all the plastic off and checked everything. everything seemed to be ok but the rear nut that holds the back tires on come loose after 30 minutes of riding. be sure to check these often i cant get them tight enough to put the cotter pin back in so they dont get real tight.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

These nuts you speak of in the rear need to have locktite put on them. We sell these same ATVs where I work and when we assemble them, we automatically locktite them before we sell them.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

the nuts are to hold the hubs on, tighten them as much as you can ,if the cotter pin doesn't align with the axle then back off the nut and install the cotter pin, thats all to it, doesn't have a torque spec. as far as carb, take the airfilter off the atv and oil it, i like to use pj1 oil filter oil, in the spay can, don't over oil the filter, it will plug the filter up and it won't start, very lite . also you'll need to get some air filter cleaner, it also comes in a spay can, also sounds also like you need to make some carb adjustments, the 90 a great running quad except for the frame ,keep an eye on the frame at the gusset for the swing arm, the sunl 90 have a problem with the frame breaking there.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

well i havent had a probrem with it dying so much since i took everything apart and tightened everything. the carb hoses were half on, the clips that hold them wouldnt hold anything tight, replaced them with hose clamps. had gas leaking on the garage floor. ibought the proper wrench to tighten the rear nut that holds the rim on, still cant make the cotter pin go in. but im pleased with the bike for the money. but its to small to go in any sand. i'll be geting something else he can ride in sand. thanks for youre help everyone!!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

THE COTTER PINS ARE A SAFETY ISSUE. DO NOT RIDE THE QUAD WITHOUT THE COTTER PIN IN, THE WHEEL CAN COME OFF AND CAUSE INJURY OR DEATH. some helpful hints, take off the wheel from the hub, install the hub and dust cover retainer on the axle then install the nut and cotter pin, then reinstall the wheel. these cotter pins must be installed.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer

thanks i have the proper tools now and can get everything lined up