Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

chineese shifter fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chineese shifter fix

I just found a practically new Kamodo 110 for $600 yesterday. I have always turned my nose up at these things but my wife and I have our own quads but our two kids were sharing a Suzuki LT50. I went to look at it (I didn't even take cash with me) thinking I wouldn't want it. I gotta tell you though, the electric starter fired it up the first time, it had lights, and it had reverse. Things we wanted on the LT50 but don't have. So for only $600 it was really shiney too. The bad parts were that the suspension is worse than the Suzuki's, the brakes are so-so, and my boy couldn't up shift it. It is an auto clutch but I was having trouble toing the shifter up.

Anyway I looked around on here for threads on these things just to see what I could learn and noticed other people having trouble with this shifter too. In one of my rare moments of brilliance, I thought about a heel shifter that I had seen on an old cruiser street bike. So with a bit of scrap steel that I had around the garage and about 30 minutes I made one and welded it on. I poof canned it black and we tested it out. The boy is 10 and has it down no problem. The girl is 8 and can operate is but gets confused on the whole upshift/downshift thing. And, yes, I can operate it too.

I have got a picture of it in my profile. If you have a welder and a sander it is easy to do. Remember you heard it here first. Can someone throw me a bone on this stiff suspension?

Old 05-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default chineese shifter fix

I used a heel toe shifter from a Kazuma 110. It does not make sense to just have a toe shifter on these quads. The Yamoto 110 that I have is the same as the komoto, komodo and most other chinese brands. I have had it over a year and it has run great and been very reliable. No problems as of yet. If you want bettwer suspension JetMoto makes a soft suspension for the single a arm 110's. I also scrapped the stock tires and went with a name brand tire. This made a huge difference.Wheel spacers will also help alot with the front suspension. If you can turn a wrench ad good at fabricating and dont mind playing with these quads they are great for the money. If you plan to just gas and go not expecting any problems then get a name brand.