Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

buying a new kids atv??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default buying a new kids atv??????

Barrel
The unison desert cat 50 and 90 are just like the Polaris 50 and 90. The same company makes it for Polaris just a little different plastics. If you have 1400 to spend look at the Desert cat 50. It has tons of power and is a perfect size for a 6yo to grow for a few years.I have a bunch of Chinese quads and 1 Desert cat 90. The DC90 is by far the better of the quads. It is Japanese made and just as good if not better than ANY name brand quad. They use these for raceing and are very very durable. If you want to stick with Chinese made then the Kazuma delux mini falcon NOT the regular mini falcon is a pretty good quad. Kids are starting to race the delux falcon and are holding up very well. I have never heard of the MOJO brand and would be weary of it. You need to find a good dealer that will take care of you if you do have any problems. Raceway has the best service in the business. If you look at the DC50 Raceway has them for $1450 shipped to your door. You CANT beat that anywhere for a name brand quality quad. You will not read any complaints about the Unison Desert Cat quads. If you are willing to put out 1400 then just spend a little more for Japanese quad that Will be reliable not for a Chinese quad that might be reliable.

Also if I can remember Raceway has a DC50 on the showroom floor that he wants to get rid of for less than 1400. Call and talk to John if interested.

Old 06-22-2006, 11:14 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aeon is Taiwanese, but it is a good quad.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Originally posted by: Hondanutcase
The polaris also comes water cooled,

Oh? You might want to double check that. That's a breather on the side to keep crap out of the fan and stator. Tricked me too for a minute. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The Polaris is a nice machine but pricey.
Sorry, dont know what I was thinking, I know damn well that thing is fan cooled not watered cooled. Great, there goes my one mistake for the year!

Old 06-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok i did more research and every where i check nothing but good stuff to say about the unison 90. the closest dealer to me is about 2.5 hours away so maybe i may order on line. im picking up my deposit from the other dealer on the moto mojo. couldnt find any info at all on the net about these machines. and the guys havent called me back in two days. great customer support imagine if i had a problem. oh wll their loss.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Range Rover

You can also check Eton and kymco. The new Etons are 4 stroke. If you want to see them go here. Anythingatv.com

He carries 4 different brands of kids quads inluding the desert cat. I asked him which one he would buy for his own kids and it was Eton hands down. At least you can check prices and specs on these. Good luck

Old 06-23-2006, 05:44 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

It's just my opinion, but when talking about little engines like these, 2-stroke is the only way to go. Yeah, yeah, emmisions...blah,blah,blah. BUT the 2-smokes can produce twice the horse power. In comparison, the 4strokes cost a lot more to make them run as your child grows and gains experience. A carb, pipe and clutch kit on that Unison will make it scoot like you wouldn't believe.

Other good machines are Polaris, Eton (2-stroke), Dinli, Kasea, GPX, DRR DRX, Alpha Sports and Xtreme. I'll throw the LT80 in for Jack. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] All of these have a ton of performance parts and support.

If reliability is the main factor, then I'd buy a Honda. Good luck.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Range Rover

You can buy the Eton 2 strokes new yet. And you are correct on the 2 strokes alot of good mods and they will run circles around the 4strokes. Eton 4 strokes are supposed to have mods out soon as well.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see I am a bad influence....good.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: atvmike92
Or you can get a used honda trx90. They have a lot of mods for it too.
thats what i was thinking whenever he gets older and bigger you can get him mods then sell it for more then you can sell a off brand for

Old 06-25-2006, 02:53 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

If I was to buy a name brand, I would buy used. By time you add taxes and fees, they get pricey.

Quick Reply: buying a new kids atv??????