Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

RE:Giovanni rear akle probs.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE:Giovanni rear akle probs.

HI,I wrote here before bout my rear axle splines being wore from tire becoming loose.
Bull riders gave me some very useful tips and links...thx.
What Im wondering is,does anyone else have a problem with the axle sleeves coming loose.
After my son rides his quad for not too long,the sleeve starts rattling,and therefore,creating play in the wheel,which then starts wearing the teeth out on spline.
Im wondering if the rim section on the splines is also wore from the old axle being wore as well.
Do any of yous out there torque the wheel nuts and find a kotter pin space upon heavy torque or just snug the bolt easily till you get your first pin position into place upon light turning.
I would think the latter would be the obvious answer,but this dang wheel just keeps looseing up.Ill tell ya,we believe its the sleeve thats wearing out because the nut and cotterpin stay in the position we tightened them to,so where and how would this sleeve start to get loose(Qeustionmark)(sry,this PC has no question mark..lol)
Gotta go,gonna check back after,hope i can get some help on this issue.
Thx in advance,Clay

Old 07-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE:Giovanni rear akle probs.

I torque mine farily hard until the slots/hole align.

The first time (out of the crate) i did it without hardly any force and they took a few rides to loosen. Now after being torqued much more they haven't budged at all.