Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

SunL Transformer V-4 starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SunL Transformer V-4 starting problems

We bought a transformer a month ago and it was great for about 3 days. All of the sudden it would turnover, had fire, but wouldn't start. We couldn't ever figure out what was wrong with it so finally after several days the people we bought it from just decided to replace it completely. Well, we got the new one and low and behold it lasted a week and started the same thing. It will turnover, has fire, getting gas to the carburator, BUT it will not start????? My husband has worked day and night trying to figure it out and is out of options. Has anyone had any problems like this??? We don't know what else to do to it or how to fix it. We can get a hold of anyone at the place where we bought it.....Please if you know something that might help, let me know. Thank you.

Old 07-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Are you using the choke to start it? Also the rear tether needs to be unplugged. The tether is crap. I have one and it has been fine except for the tether. Also do you have a remote start. Did you use the remote to disarm the alarm? Did you check the airfilter.Wit the air filter being so small they get plugged pretty quick. Take the filter off and see what happens. Check the spark plug to see if it is fouled. The other problem with these is under the left side up under the frame there is 2 wires that go to the coil. The boots on the wires come off and touch together and it will not start. One wire is black with yellow stripe and the other is green or white. Check over all these things and let me know. I have built alot of these and these are the most common things. I would say if you get spark and fuel sounds like air filter is plugged.

Old 07-09-2006, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

We have tried the choke to start it. We already disarmed the alarm. We did check the air filter and tried to start it without the filter. The spark plug is good and getting fire. I haven't checked the wires to the coil or the tether. Could you please tell me what the tether is?? I'll check both of these tomorrow and see what happens.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The tether is on the left rear of the bike with a strap on it. You can just unplug it at the connector just under the frame in the rear on the same side.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, We checked the wires and the tether. Nothing has made a difference. Any other suggestions?

Old 07-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is there any way it could be the carburator?? Or since our dealer is crappy, is there anyone to call for phone support who might know something? I keep reading in the other posts that this "John" at Raceway is really helpful, do you think he might could help us even though we didn't buy ours from him and if so, how can I contact him? Thanks again..

Old 07-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

John is great to deal with. He is not bias to anyonew that buys just from him. He knows there is alot of crappy dealers out there that give these quads a bad name. He tries hard as he!! to make up for the bad ones. You can call 1-888-722-3288.

Old 07-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you so much. I appreciate all your help. It's so frustrating to have it acting like it's gonna start but won't actually start..arrghh. Hopefully he can help.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

cowboytf I would be happy to help you out! But please give us a call when you are with the ATV so we can go over some things!

Raceway ATV Cheap price Kids ATV's