1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Atv dies when I do this... Now flooded...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Atv dies when I do this... Now flooded...

Hello guys I had a question regarding my SunL 110cc. So it started out as a $75 atv, I bought a new carb, new air filter, spark plug,new oil,new solenoid,new ignition switch, and a new battery, after adjusting the a/f screws and idle screws, it would run but the atv would be giving it self gas like your were giving it full throttle...well we fixed that but we would have the back wheels propped up on a piece of wood so it wouldn't take off when started... then we had it idling good and as soon as we would tilt it to the side or up to take it off the wood it would quit as soon as it was moved a few degrees... If we moved it at the correct angle we could drive it for 3 or 4 secs and the it quit.now it started making a gurgling sound like the last drips of coffee, and it started leaking gas out of where the air filter attaches to the carb and its now flooded?!?!? I don't want to quit on it after putting alot of time in it but I couldn't google such a long question...
  • So how do I unflood it?
  • Why is it flooding?
  • Why is it gurgling?
  • Why does it quit when I tilt it?
  • How do I fix this bs?

Last edited by sticky123; 06-13-2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: forgot words
Old 06-13-2015, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

please help

Old 06-13-2015, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pull the carb off. I know you said it is new, but it sounds like the float is stuck open. You should be able to remove the gas from cylinder by removing the spark plug and turning it over. That will force the flooded gas out the cylinder.

On the carb, once off, open the bowl (bottom) and inspect the float movement. There are plenty of ways to check this on youtube.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by MPDano
Pull the carb off. I know you said it is new, but it sounds like the float is stuck open. You should be able to remove the gas from cylinder by removing the spark plug and turning it over. That will force the flooded gas out the cylinder.

On the carb, once off, open the bowl (bottom) and inspect the float movement. There are plenty of ways to check this on youtube.
I'm an atv noob, would this just be causing the flooding issue or would it be also causing the atv to die when i lean the atv over to the side?

Old 06-14-2015, 01:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Flooding is most likely the float stuck open it has a plunger sort of needle valve that opens and closes as fuel enters bowl. (see video link)

As for the atv wanting to die leaning to one side..how full is gas tank? is it on setting or reserve (see pic) on is the higher set tube when tank is full. reserve is lower tube and is for below roughly half tank or lower level then taller tube. see if that helps switching to reserve when on incline. good luck and please update if it fixes problem.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sticky123
I'm an atv noob, would this just be causing the flooding issue or would it be also causing the atv to die when i lean the atv over to the side?
yes and yes.