Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Question for Mr. SeaDawg

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 10:19 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Question for Mr. SeaDawg

I can deal with any and all differences of opinion. I actually enjoy a discussion with some one who doesnt share my opinion.

Name calling is not something I enjoy and isnt going to be tolerated anymore. If you cant make your point without calling someone a name. Then your pushing your luck and will be banned for your actions.

***this is a promise by MWQ atvconnection moderator***

Old 07-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sir,
I agree to a ceasefire[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEADAWG or SEAPUP[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2006, 10:39 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: nwcutieNow, now.... I don't recall seeing a warning on the site of the dealers that says "ONLY BUY THIS IF YOU ARE ABLE TO TURN A WRENCH OR TWO BECAUSE IT'S NOT RELIABLE THE WAY IT'S SOLD."
Many people don't buy these from a local dealer. They mail order. All machines break at some point. Who do you take it to when something does go wrong? People don't think ahead and screw themselves in the process.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:49 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: billl2099
really a honda a honda? why then can i go down to the honda dealership and buy parts for these engines
Kazuma did use a Honda clone, 233cc Rebel inline twin, in some of their machines, same as Kasea. Though Kasea seems to have increased displacement at some point. At any rate, I'm sure a lot of parts would interchange but you would always run a risk of alterations. I have heard of similar stories from other units. I am not a "Kazuma fan" though so I don't pay much attention. But there is some truth behind it.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
I agree...some are interchangable. SEAPUP[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

Seadawg or pup or whatever. every post I read from you it seams like your trying to get quads out of these guys to test. if you are so sincere about testig quads go to these places I'm sure they will let you ride til your *** falls off. Dont take this in a bad way, but its getting old. The way I look at it if they want you to test there bikes they will send you one.
Quite bike begging!!!!!

Old 08-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

Dude,
Let this thread die...you are bringing it back for no reason expept to incite. I can buy any quad I want and ride when I want...I need nothing for free. I'm not born rich nor am I rich. Left home at 18 broke and poor. What I'm saying is that if they think their knock-off Honda's are good, let somebody...if not me, ride them and give a review that has no dog in the fight. I can't buy every Chinese/Jap quad on the market...I don't have the space or the time. Please let this dog lie, I beg for nothing and have earned my keep Dealer?
SEADAWG

Old 08-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Although this appears to be a cat fight... I'll try and chime in. The past history has shown that the chinese knockoffs, although in some cases are manufactured under license to a few of the major brands, have had problems with not only quality of materials, but also in supply lines for parts, and a lack of service.

That being said, they are improving. So that is a plus. One big minus in my book is the penchant of seeing cheap machines on every street corner, being sold by every conceivable person trying to make a buck. The unsuspecting buyer who is looking for a cheap thrill for their kid doesn't know anything about safe operations etc. All they see is a half priced deal. The gray market guys really need to do a better job in this area. We have seen too many kids get injured because of this, and ALL ATV's suffer the bad publicity when a parent throws the kid the keys, gasses it up, and lets the kids lose on the world, while they go back inside to watch TV.

I have always stated that yes they are cheaper... but if you are handy with a wrench, and can safely modify generic parts to fit the machine, AND you do your homework regarding safe operations, proper safety gear on the kids, and get them some competent instruction .. I'd say go for it.

Honda is a major player here, so is Yamaha. I suspect they allow these to be sold because they know that the riders will be hooked, and once they grow tired of fixing a sup par machine all the time, they will eventually walk into their doors, and buy one that is of better quality. In that context, you have to agree it is a pretty good marketing plan...

I just am glad to see more people get introduced to the sport. But the caveat is, make them wear the safety gear, get proper instruction, and teach them to act responsibly. Otherwise, let them play soccer and baseball. At least that way, you won't worry so much about having to bury your kid because of it. ATV's are NOT toys, they are NOT babysitters... Treat them respect, and use them as a tool to teach responsibility and build character, and a trust bond between you and your child.

Old 08-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Well said!

Old 08-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

Why do Noobs chow down on people who have been here for a while? Seadawg, you have awesome advice. In life, people disagree, just don't be an *** about the disagreement. *Cough* bill2099 *Cough* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Z

Quick Reply: Question for Mr. SeaDawg