Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Jianshe ATV's Anyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jianshe ATV's Anyone have one?

Local dealer that sells chinese quads has Jianshe products now amoung others. They look quite good far better then some of the stuff he was selling last year!

Jianshe has a couple quads a 250 2 wheel drive and a 400 4x4 both come with racks and hithes etc. They tell me they are "Yamaha's" as Jianshe is buids parts/quads for Yamaha.......but I've heard these stories before.

The over all fit and finish is not bad, plastic fenders on them are better quality too.

Just wondering if anyone has one or tested them out. They also have some Jainshe dirt bikes too that looked ok.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

just my opinio, i woundn't waste my money on any chainese atv's that are priced higher than $1500, anything above that buy japenese or american, reason being the kids quads are price right from 500-800 and they can have a lot of fun on them and after a couple of years even if you throw them in the trash you gotten your money's worth, the chainese 400 4x4 is running around 4500-5000 for that price you can buy a new honda atv without the headaches, we're talking about serious money now, you don't want to spend more money on a chainese atv that you can afford to loose, also if you can't afford to pay in cash on a chainese atv don't buy it. the payments will outlast the atv. this is my honest opinio on the chainese quads or utv's

Old 08-13-2006, 01:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

I know this thread is old but I have been looking at the Jianshe Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  250. I have done quite a bit of research into this bike. It is built by Jianshe Yamaha motors. In China. They build bikes for Yamaha. I have found several website that will support this... Also if you compare a 2004 Yamaha Bear tracker to the Jianshe Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  250 the chassis and engines are identical. The price is a little high for a Chinese bike but I think this is a good product.

No I'm not a dealer nor anyway affiliated with a dealer. I just need a bike to ride with my 6yr old son. I have been looking for a few months. And this bike is the best I have seen yet. I have looked at use Japanese bikes but I only have about $2500-2800 to spend. To get a use Japanese bike in this range they are 5yrs + old with a lot of mile/hrs on them.

My thinking on this is why buy a use bike with the potential for high maintenance and/or repair cost. Why not buy a new Chinese bike from a good reputable dealer with 6months warranty on it.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:38 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Chiefsmoke
My thinking on this is why buy a use bike with the potential for high maintenance and/or repair cost. Why not buy a new Chinese bike from a good reputable dealer with 6months warranty on it.
Then again, why buy a chinese bike with the potential for high maintenance and/or repair cost? They all seem to be (still) plagued with problems......this is the same conundrum I have right now.....whether to buy chinese or not...

A cousin of mine has a chinese bike that is supposed to be a Honda clone.....when the starter died not long after the warranty was up he bought a Honda starter and it wouldnt fit the bike....regulator died and he cant find a replacement.....so its a $700 pile of junk at this point......

And watch the warranty.....if you read closely, you may find that the 6 month is motor only.....a couple/few months for everything else and then there is a ton of exclusions....

Depending on who you talk to, seems like buying a new chinese bike is like buying a (very) used name brand.....it might run great for awhile or it might die in the first 5 hours of use......and the warrantys are only as good as the dealer from what I am told.

All the negative talk is reallyscaring me away from any of the chinese bikes.....but in the back of my mind I keep thinking about how nice and shiny and new the new SUNL that I looked at is....and how good of a deal it seems to be........

Its really a tough call.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chiefsmoke, If you are looking at a 250 class Chinese quad with that budget, I know for a fact you can find something from the big 4 that is used, in the same class enginewise, and is in great shape. I have found multiple examples online and in the classifieds. The benefit is that spare parts are either a phone call or a short drive away. Heck, I'm sending you a PM about a cherry 400EX that just went up for sale.

Old 08-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

zavetsky,

What kind of atv is it that your cousin has? Most are Honda clones. He may not have a honda clone motor.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
zavetsky,

What kind of atv is it that your cousin has? Most are Honda clones. He may not have a honda clone motor.
He says it is a Kazuma......and they had told him that it was a Honda clone motor.....I have heard some folks say they like the Kazumas......