Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Another DC 90 Question/help

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another DC 90 Question/help

Hey everyone.. I just joined because I am now the caretaker of my grandson's DC90.
Anyone know where I can get a manual?

Dealer?? I live in western NY.

I was told the battery and connections are corroded.
How do I get the seat up without breaking any clips or anything?

The left front fender is broken with a large piece missing. Where can I get a replacement part? I'v checked a few websites and no one lists a parts list with a diagram. Don't know the part number without a diagram.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Jim

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You can either order parts from Raceway atv or go direct to Unison. To take the seat off there is a latch under the back of the quad. Just pull back on the latch and lift the seat.

Old 08-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the service manual on my PC, but it is like 5.2MB so if your email can handle that send me a PM here
and I can get it off to you. I'm over in Penfield, NY not sure how far that is from Hilton??

Raceway or kidatvs.com will be able to get you new parts.

Darrin

Originally posted by: C21guy
Hey everyone.. I just joined because I am now the caretaker of my grandson's DC90.
Anyone know where I can get a manual?

Dealer?? I live in western NY.

I was told the battery and connections are corroded.
How do I get the seat up without breaking any clips or anything?

The left front fender is broken with a large piece missing. Where can I get a replacement part? I'v checked a few websites and no one lists a parts list with a diagram. Don't know the part number without a diagram.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Jim

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Might also want to try....

Kolpin Manuals:
- User: http://www.kolpinpowersports.com/Rev03.pdf
- Service: http://www.kolpinpowersports.com/Serv_Man_V2.pdf

Unison Manuals:
- Service: http://www.unisonmotorsports.com/ima...cts/pdf_10.pdf

Note: If you call a DC seller and clearly describe the needed part, many will provide you the part's name, its part number and related info. Once you get the part number, you can then use the Internet to Search of the part. For me, I like to get a minimum 3 different prices before buying. Also, don't forget to include the shipping price. The same part in Mexico (or other remote country) could cost 20% less but shipping cost could drive it much more expensive then buying locally.

Hope this helps as well....

Old 08-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

C21guy, welcome to the forums! You might be able to give Gander Mountain a call. I'm not sure of what they stock for replacement parts or anything, but worth a try. If not, Raceway has a great reputation for helping out with parts and support.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks to all who responded. I did download the manuals from Unison. (Couldn't find them before, Thanks for the offer Valder)

Got the battery out and the compartment cleaned. Cleaned the whole machine. Looks like I'm going to have some fun, keeping this baby in running condition.

The plastic/acrylic panels have their share of scratches. What do you guys use on the plastic panels to get the scratches out and keep them shined??

Thanks again.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Oh you're not far....There is that Apple Festival I went to last year in your town.

I found a guy online that is doing a seat cover for my Desert Cat 90. I am sending the
seat to him for a template and then he is going to start offering his line of covers for
the DC with the rest on ebay. Once I get it I'll post the pics here. So if you need one
of those at least there might be another option.

As far as the fenders go the peeps at Raceway told me it was like ~$110 each for the front
and back sections. I was thinking of switching my kid colors on his DC90.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't worry to much about scratches and such. The more time you spend fussing on that sort of thing, the more likely the kid is to crash it and break another set of fenders. As far as clean and shiney, I just use good old fashioned soap and water. Armor All or an equivalent also works nicely. There are some specific plastic restorers outt here that are supposed to be good, but I have never tried them.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

You are right scooter. I want him to enjoy his riding and not compromise his safety, worrying about a few scratches.
He is away for a few weeks and going through a rough time. I thought I'd have it looking brand new for him when he got back. I cleaned it up and it looks fine. Once I get the new fender, he'll be pretty happy.