Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Redcat/Kuzma 250 aftermarket parts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat/Kuzma 250 aftermarket parts?

Does anybody know what aftermarket carb would work for the Redcat/Kuzama watercooled 250's? I have two of these quads, and one of them has had a carb problem since the day I put it together. Any tuning advice? ect?

Old 08-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

the buggy owners are using the mikuni vm30 from proflo.com. you'll going to need to play with the main ,pilot and needle to find tune it, you're also need a spacer and throttle cable you can purchase from bladeatv.com kazuma and redcat uses the honda helix motorscooter CN250 engine clones , and after making sure they run correctly the first thing i'd recommed doing is changing the roller weights , this is by the far the cheapest and most performance gain you can do

Old 08-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you! thats a start. I really enjoy these quads (when they are running) I also need to get a new manifold, It seems to be a weak link on both bikes.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Billl2099 I was reading another Thread, you mentioned having the correct info on adjusting these machines...would you email me any info you might have? Heddongear@comcast.net

Old 08-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

Dude,
I hope you enjoy working on quads...you will get your hours in! That manifold is junk and when you get a new one...it'll break too! I hope you have better luck than me! SEADAWG

Old 08-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

adjusting what?

Old 08-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bill I was refering to adjusting the valves, also any suggestions on setting up the carb... any other pearls of wisdom? I un crated them changed the oil, dinked around with the idle screw, adjusted the brakes...put about 15hours (on the one with the good Carb, until the manifold broke) swaped carbs and put about 7hours on the other one. So I just looking for suggestions and should do's with these bikes. (beside sell them) Thank you for the carb lead, it is about $30 cheaper than a red cat replacement.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

what do you mean besides sells them , i not a dealer, i have to much intergity to sell chainese crap.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think he meant that he was going to sell them(quads) if he couldn't get them to run right.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

this is only my opino, first my spending limit on chainese quads is no more than $1500 each,anything more than that you could find a nice used jap or usa made atv,also the chainese atv have absolute no resell valve, having said that, since you've already purchased two 250's, the one with the carb problem should have been fixed under warrenty, if it's out of warrenty then i would surgest not to fool around with it and just replace the carb with another stock carb and not the mikuni, over 50% of the people who made the swap changed back to the stock carb, their's no performance gain , suppose to only give better thottle respone over the stock cv carb, but the mikuni carb has flat spot when accelerateing which the stock doesn't, i think your best bet is to run the heck of of these quads till they just don't move anymore then throw them in the trash. i myself woundn't spent any extra money exect for fuel ,oil changes and replacement parts, don't sell them ,just use them for what they are and be happy. one more thing i'd keep the stock airbox on them, changing them will only create more problems.

Quick Reply: Redcat/Kuzma 250 aftermarket parts?