Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

considering kazuma 110cc

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006 | 07:12 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default considering kazuma 110cc

Hi all, I'm new here and I could use some help. My husband and I are considering purchasing my son a kazuma 110 he is 11 years old weighs about 100lbs. The help I could use is what are the size of these quads are they comparable to a honda 90? I am worried that it would be to small because the pictures they show with kids on them look like smaller kids. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 09-15-2006 | 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

jdr250

If the quad is going to be a backyard or campsite quad then the Chinese quad may be what your looking for. If you are going to do some mild to semi-aggressive trail riding it probably won't last for more than a few rides. If you do decide on the Chinese quad I'd go with a 150 or 200 for your son's size. He is a little big for the 110's, you do not want him to out grow the quad in a few months. My daughter is also 11 and rides a 150 and is moving up to the TRX250EX.

If you can buy your son the Honda TRX 90 he will get more enjoyment out of the ATV and it will last a lifetime. You will start him out with a machine that is reliable and he will built confidence as his skills progress. You will not have to worry about if the quad will make it back from a ride or not.

One last note, if you purchase a 150 try get the new models without the reverse gear. The 2005 and some 2006 models have problems with gears breaking. I can post pics if you would like to see what I'm talking about.

Good Luck.

SB.

Old 09-15-2006 | 10:33 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

The thing is we are trying to stay within our budget and we don't want to go too big because we also have a 6 year old who would like to ride. They both fit on our friends Honda 90 the big one isn't to big for it and the small one isn't to small[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Ideally my husband would prefer a used Honda or Polaris 90 but we haven't been able to find any and we'd like to make this a christmas present. As for the type of riding mostly it would be back yard riding however at times we'd like to be able to take them trail riding in the mountains and also to the ash dumps. I would like seeing you pictures. And any more advice that you could give is greatly appreciated.

Old 09-16-2006 | 05:45 AM
Range Rover

You will spend extra dollars on a China bike anyway because of the problems you will face. Get a used 90 or look on ebay for a used Honda 70. I see them all the time for under $ 600.00. Listen to what people tell you here on this forum. If you buy a China bike get it from Raceway.

Old 09-16-2006 | 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

jdr250,

One quad to consider would be the Unison 90 from Raceway ATV or Kids ATV's. Both companies will bend over backwards to take care of you if you have any problems. Run a search here in the forums for Unison there is plenty of info on the quad. Some who own them may even respond on how they like the quad.

Another thing to do is to look at 2manytoys pics of his 8 year old sitting on some of the quads they own.

View 2manytoys's Profile

As far as the pics go for the reverse gear I will try and post them later on today or tomorrow.

SB.

Old 09-16-2006 | 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

i'm pro chainese atv for beginner riders in the age group 4-12, other than that it's better to buy new or used something else, on buying chainese atv their's some simple rules to follow,
rule 1. never spent more than you can afford to lose
2. never finance a kids atv, if you can't afford to pay cash, don't buy one
3. never spend more than 1500 on a chainese atv
4. don't expect it to last as long as the others
5. don't expect any resell valve, not going to happen
6. never buy sunl atv, these are low end atv's and have no support from sunl
7. if you decide to buy a chainese atv, buy from raceway atv's. they will bend over backwards to help if a problem assises
8. i like kazuma because parts are easy obtained, e-bay, kazumausa,raceway,redcatmotors,wickedrocket,ect, more dealers than any other imported chainese atv's.

Old 09-17-2006 | 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

Great honest postings. You can be sure that all parties want your kids to enjoy riding. Just be careful...if you do go Chinese, listen to Raceway...Desert Cat!!! SEADAWG

Old 09-18-2006 | 03:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

If you are mechanically inclined, there are a few good Chinese ATVs out on todays market. I like the MPX 110 from Redcat. Make damn sure you buy from a reptable dealer that will back their product and has PARTS if you needed them.It is senseless to go out and buy a 10 year old kid a brand name ATV for 3K when you can get a Chinese ATV for 1K that will hold up well with a little bit of extra TLC and maintenance.

Im not ready to tell any adult to buy Chinese for themselves because we as adults are alot harder on our ATVs than our young kids from ages 5-10 would be,but im not against buying one for a young kid.

Old 09-18-2006 | 09:26 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Well after a lot of consideration, my husband and I have decided that we won't be buying a kazuma. Size wise they are so much smaller that we would have to buy a 125 or bigger for my son and as he's not an experienced rider I don't want to put him on one without a govenor. We are probably going to go with a Honda trx90 either used or new, if we can't find a used one by November then we'll go new. I figure with the Honda we won't have to worry about consistant break downs I don't want to have to have it worked on every time the kids want to ride plus with a Honda I know that even when the kids are ready for a bigger on I can just keep it and use it myself. We live in S.W. Pa in the mountains they need a quad that can pull up hill, plus the Kazumas only have rear brakes I don't want them sliding all the way down hill. I appreciate everyones comments those along with some heavy research have really helped us to make our decision.

Old 09-18-2006 | 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

JDR250,
Great choice...great choice. Also, if you want to go up a size, they keep their value. And, without a doubt they pull hills.
I'm 250lbs and tested these 90cc in comparing it to the Kazumas/Redcat. Great choice and enjoy riding. SEADAWG

Quick Reply: considering kazuma 110cc