Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

SEADAWG HAS BEEN SILENCED...JAPANESE SILENCE

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEADAWG HAS BEEN SILENCED...JAPANESE SILENCE

All,
Wow, I have been reading all these posting, but feel left out. I hate to say it, but I got rid of my Chinese quads and bought all Hondas. Since then, I really have nothing to say since I no longer am caught up into all the quality problems the Chinese are still plagued with. Think about it, I drive a 32 year old Honda, a 2001 Kawasaki, new Honda....I just don't have issues. If you're buying a Chinese quad/motorcycle...they don't meet the quality specs of my old Hondas..and can't hang with them. Good luck. SEADAWG

Old 09-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Trailblazer

I here ya, my brother'n'law got his kids yamamoto's for Christmas last year, the little one wouldn't start, and the other well if I remeber lost 5 bolts, head light just fell out and broke, chain broke and then that was it after like 1/2 hour, some quality stuff and the neighbor kids riding around on trx 90 and lt80's and they rode all day long my niece and nephew were bummed you get what you pay for, and the dealer did not stand behind this either kept tell my broth'n'law that everything was snug tight here so were not fixing nothing. Some people swear by them though and have had very little if any problems, but majority have problems. PepBoys has these POS's the tires are hard as my sons Tonka truck. You made some great decisions there SEADAWG wish my brother 'n' law would've have as there still no running when he does it for awhile then back to wrenching on them.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes.... sire....e, Manufacture's can only reduce their overhead/operating expenses so far... Then to reduce costs further they have to cut corners on the actual product. Be it in labor or part quality. People are people, everyone's looking to buy things at a lower cost to save $... But sometimes as you noted the end result isn't the best decision after all, as the product quality just isn't there. This doesn't happen/apply to everything.... I myself like finding and getting a good deal... to me getting a good deal almost a spirtitual moment IE: We need to roll tape, preserve the moment, get a plaque to honor it... okay okay... it's a feel good moment...

Rude Dog

Old 09-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

i still like those little chinese quads though, their fine as long as you dont beat on them and take very proper care for them. I hate a panterra 90 dirt bike that blew the doors off of the honda crf70 with ease

Old 09-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

I hope that some day they'll will figure price and quality. Many will not take the leap of faith until we have a consensus on quality. This killed Harley Davididson in the 70's and 80's....prior to the Evo. People just want to ride and have fun...some work is okay. Fixing something every start gets old. Good luck.

Quote:
i still like those little chinese quads though, their fine as long as you dont beat on them and take very proper care for them. I hate a panterra 90 dirt bike that blew the doors off of the honda crf70 with ease

SEADAWG- I have no doubt that certain bikes will take others or blow the doors off of others. Will it blow the doors off of them and have parts support in 32 years? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Trailblazer

I look at it this way, I bought my 5yo a Sunl SLA90 for his birthday last year and paid $600. I did not want to spend $1800+ on a Kawasaki/Suzuki 50 to find out he does'nt like quads and take a huge hit and sell it later on.

This quad has been a huge pita to start/fix and get running in general but I knew that before I bought it by reading all the posts in here. He only rides in the back yard on the little track I made for him for now so he does'nt beat on it at all(I do). But now that I know he likes to ride I'm saving up to get him a used Kawasaki/Suzuki 50 to take with me when I go riding.
I still think I made the right move getting him the Sunl and with a little more tweaking which I dont mind doing if I can figure the problem out, I bet I could sell it for $400 and $200 loss is not really a loss when hes had almost a year of fun with it. JMHO
Chris

Old 10-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
Great post...you knew what you were getting into. I'm my posting, I wasn't totally clear...I still own a Redcat VX-80 for my daughter. She doesn't ride it much, but when we do, it is work keeping it going. I have posted all my issues in previous forums. Glad you got your money's worth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEADAWG