Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

sunl sucks

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunl sucks

Sir,
Great honest and open posting. Thanks for the insight. SEADAWG

Old 06-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bigboredhonda

Bigric, what is your problem with SunL?</end quote></div>

Tony, your products at SUNL are extremely low quality, poorly manufactered and DANGEROUS, your warranties are completely useless and your after the sale and parts support is pathetic. How long does SUNL think they can get away with this?

Old 01-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

I see that one SunL dealer is now offering a 1 year warranty on the frame as well as the motor and transmission.

http://www.atvdiscounter.com/A...V-08/ProductInfo.aspx

Getting better?!

Old 01-02-2008, 03:02 AM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

One of these places is about 10 miles from my house. I went through their store and looked over their machines when I was looking for my sons quad. Most of the machines had crap falling off of them on the show room floor. At the time, everything in the showroom was Sunl. I see from their website that they are carrying other lines now.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

^^^^^^^
LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

I must be an exception, I bought 2 110cc Northstar quads from a local dealer in September 2007. My wife and I would even ride on them with the boys while teaching them how to operate them. The only problem I've encountered so far is the cold weather starting can be a bit tough. I solved that by putting them in the garage with the woodstove [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Has SunL tried to improve or am I just lucky? I was thinking of buying another larger one for my wife. Based on my personal experience I would, but after reading the negatives, Im having doubts. Has anyone had a 'good' experience? Thanks

Old 02-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

I think that the newer SunLs are OK little machines. Last summer we bought my son a Typhoon 120 (it is really a 110cc) with the 3 speed and reverse. I got it for a good price and figured we would use it a year maybe two then get him a bigger quad maybe a 250. Anyhow the only complaints I had was that it did not have any front brakes and the tires did not get traction in mud or sand. The little quad went places that we didn't think it would and really had no issues. I did change the factory oil as soon as I got it and again after a few hours of riding. (Chinese oil is low quality and I don't trust it) Anyhow decided that my son needed front brakes and a slightly larger ride. He can ride a 250 but I think they are still a little too big. The dealer we bought from traded me out of the Typhoon into a bigger framed new SunL 110 that has front brakes and gave me what I paid for the Typhoon in trade. This fits my son better than a 250 and is a little bigger than nearly all the 90s I have seen. The shocks are a little stiff but I think it will be a good ride. I have already changed the oil did it the day after I brought it home. I did go over it and tighten some bolts and will loctite the exhaust bolts. It came with cheap tires too but these rims are 8 inchers so there are choices for replacement. Considering what I have invested and how well the first one held up, I think this was a good purchase. I will post once the weather gets better and he gets a chance to ride it on the trails.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

Since i get a out of all sorts of forums, figured i'd give a little back. I bought a SUNL SLA-90MR kids quad for my 6 year old daughter two years ago. It has actually been a great little bike, I have no regrets for the $650 i paid for it. here is what i have learned: 1. the model i bought is not registerable with the california dmv. then have since started making CARB compliant and registerable quads. This quad is pretty much from the same parts bin as other 50,90 and 100, 110 cc chinese quads, sold under a dozen different names. 2. This is pretty important. The battery was weak. i replaced it 45 days ago with a 55 dollar napa battery bl-5s or something if i remember right. went out this week, and the battery was dead. I found somwhere in a forum, not even sure if it was this one, that the slick little remote control alarm/starter is also draining everybody elses batteries down, too. If you use the remote fob to start it, but then shut off with the kill switch or key, the alarm relay/control box stays powered, and drains the battery. same goes for arming or disarming the alarm. if you shut the bike down and dont press the unlock symbol, you'll kill your battery. very simple fix. You find the alarm relay, a bit smaller than a deck of cards, black and rectangle. find the single wire under the seat which is the remote antenna. follow that down to the alarm box. mine had a white plastic fuse holder going to it which broke. i replaced it with a blade fuseholder. I'm relocating the blade fuse holder to right next to the battery, and i will just leave the fuse out. when i sell it, i will tell the guy with a little kid, if he wants the remote start/stop and alarm function, then to just put the fuse back in, BUT DONT FORGET TO EITHER PULL THE FUSE OR ALWAYS USE THE UNLOCK SYMBOL on the remote when you're done, or going to store it. 3. my air cleaner rubber funnel broke and the cleaner fell off and got lost. was running like crap before i noticed , i ordered a new SUNL one, and these parts are all over the net and ebay. A great poster here put up some pics of a UNI filter mod he made for a 150 cc chinese quad. thanks for that. 4. somebody busted the cool LED tailight, and i had no problem replacing that either. 5. the parking brake handle broke, cause the plunger got rusted/stuck while under its cover in the rain outside, i wd-40's it and tapped the plunger with a hammer. HARD. suggestion. don't do that. replaced that on ebay for 20 bucks. 5. got one flat, threw a tube in it. 6. choke cable got jacked up, got a new one for 12 bucks from SUNL. 7. I never found an idle adustment screw, but the same guy with the UNI air filter mod has a photo of the air/fuel mix screw here, i have to go look and see if i can find it. in the mean time i have just kept the linkage lubed up with silicone, zip tied the throttle cable, and made idle adjustments using the threaded fitting just to the left of the thumb throttle. No, it isnt perfect, but i still have ZERO regrets. for the money it has served us well. Everything i have encountered is posted here. very minor stuff. Runs great and strong. I weigh 185, and i frequently get on it and do major donuts around camp, and it will go faster than i want to wide open. It has a governor which is an easy throttle limter for the younger kids. My 8 year old recently went on an 18 mile round trip ride with us, and it did fine, even though that was when
the air cleaner fell off, and the carb was filthy. Runs like a champ today. This particular unit is the same size frame as the sla-50, only with a 90 motor in it and i think that was a good decision, i can get the rest of this season out of it (she rides our 250 trailblazer now) she wants a new one but only cause this is a small frame, not because it doesnt haul ***. Good luck. Dont be afraid of a chinese quad, especially if you can turn a screwdriver.
YOU CAN BUY A CHINESE QUAD FOR A THIRD OF THE PRICE OF A NAME JAPANESE QUAD. I CAN THROW IT AWAY WHEN I'M DONE, BUT I WON'T MINE WILL BE SELLABLE FOR AT LEAST 500 BUCKS. YOU CAN BUY A FULL PRICE JAPANESE QUAD AND YOUR RESALE WILL BE ABOUT 80-90% AS WELL. BOILS DOWN TO HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO SPEND. THEY WORK, AND THEY NEED SOME EASY FIXING, JUST LIKE ANY OFFROAD TOY. I am seriously considering buying another SUNL 110 as a move-up bike for my daughter. you get what you pay for, thats true, but also know the chinese are very efficient at knocking off good running motors, and that is the case with my SUNL quad. Hope this helps somebody.

keywords SUNL, ROKETA, REDCAT, CHINESE KIDS QUAD tank raceway.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default SunL doesnt suck

A neibor of mine gave me six SunLs and iv got all of em running and never had any problems with them. Only one problem and that was the carb on one of em but instead of that no problems.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I own six, got em for free and never had any problems with em.

Quick Reply: sunl sucks