Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

sunl sucks

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunl sucks

I bought two SLA 90s a few years back and the kids ride the hell out of them-----NO PROBLEMS at all except I did replace the factory batteries in both of them.

Im not going to spend 2500.00 on an 8yr old kids quad just because it says HONDA/POLARIS/KAWI/YAMI/ARTIC CAT on the side of it. I could'nt be happier with my 800.00 Sun L 90s.

ALOT of issues happen on the Chinese ATVs because the average internet buyer does not know how to prep/assemble the ATV in the first place.

If your not prepared to spend a few more minutes taking care of the small issues on the Chinese ATVs,than buy a brand name ATV from the get-go.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
I bought two SLA 90s a few years back and the kids ride the hell out of them-----NO PROBLEMS at all except I did replace the factory batteries in both of them.

Im not going to spend 2500.00 on an 8yr old kids quad just because it says HONDA/POLARIS/KAWI/YAMI/ARTIC CAT on the side of it. I could'nt be happier with my 800.00 Sun L 90s.

ALOT of issues happen on the Chinese ATVs because the average internet buyer does not know how to prep/assemble the ATV in the first place.

If your not prepared to spend a few more minutes taking care of the small issues on the Chinese ATVs,than buy a brand name ATV from the get-go.
Muddy4Life, It's great that you haven't had any problem's with your Sun-Ls, I have been riding from the age of 11 years old. Never had all the problem's in the past that We have had with the Sun-L. I do most all work on bike's and Quad's myself. I am not knocking Sun-l I am only saying the one We got is junk. Maybe A limion. Don't know. I just perfer to stick with A Quad that I don't have to fix it again after an hour of riding. By the way I am 52 now, I diden't start riding yesterday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE

Maybe you can help me then.Mine shakes all to hell and back. I took the chain off to see if it was the rear axle,but its in the engine. I start it and rev it at any rpm and it vibrates like crazy. So im thinking 2 things..the crank is way off balanced or that it only has 2 motor mount bolts in the back of engine to hold the little thing in. You would think it would have some kind of bracket for the front to support the jug/head but it just hngs freely. The exhaust falls off from head if you ride more then 30 min. And when you do hit the gas the engine will twist in the frame about 2 inches.Thats why i think it needs support for the head/jug.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: 1976
Even though the company may "suck" as you claim, it's very disturbing how some of you cut each others throats and It looks like it might be the competitors doing the slamming IMHO... If you are a true SunL buyer of a quad no more no less, It would be cool to hear your opinion of these ATV's straight from the horses mouth. From what I gather so far, SUNL mass produces ATV's therefore lacking the small details and final touches ie:tightening bolts, screws, etc, not properly preparing the mechanical aspects ie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]irty carbs, etc.
SUNL sucks for 2 reasons. 1) Low quality on many of their products and ATV's, and 2) lame almost non-existant post sale support, useless warranty, and hard to get replacement parts. SUNL doesn't mass produce anything. They buy on the open market in China, slap the SUNL sticker on and import. NO amount of bolt tightening, setup or carb cleaning is gonna fix a poorly designed and cheaply manufactured product. There is no fix for breaking frames made with tubing that is too thin, bad welds, poorly designed parts, bad electrical connections and faulty metallurgy. Their products suck to begin with and their post-sale support sucks even more. There is a reason why SUNL sells for such a low price and it's because you get what you pay for!

Old 11-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

Man, Sunl has been taking a beating here. It seems to me there has been enough alarms going off on this company. When they win Bill2099 over, they will have a chance. But, IMHO, they have a lot of work to do. And, when another company slaps their name on those ATVs ...or call them something else, we'll be all over them. SEADAWG

Old 11-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: SEADAWG
Man, Sunl has been taking a beating here. It seems to me there has been enough alarms going off on this company. When they win Bill2099 over, they will have a chance. But, IMHO, they have a lot of work to do. SEADAWG
Quite simply....they are the worst ATV's on the market.
If and when SUNL does come out with a good product, I'll be the first to say so and give em credit.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

Sun L early released 70s and 90s did leave alot to be desired, but we have a local dealership that sells them and each batch keeps making improvements.The newer frames are much beefier, the hand grips are better,the engine is supported better,and the axles are straighter. The earlier engines were NOT supported in the frame enough and did shake alot.This also caused the exaust bolts to come loose. The fix was very easy by welding a support bracket to the bottom of the frame that lined directly up with the two empty lower bolt holes in the engine.No more shake in the engine and no more loosing exaust bolts.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

Muddy4life, I agree that Sun-L is getting better. However they will not correct the their miss calulations on there orginal design. Which make's me as A purcheser feel that they are only interested in the money not the Quality. I will wait A few year's and decide if I want to purchase another Sun-L for my middle grandson. Just out of cirouse Are you A Sun-L dealer?

Old 11-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

Heck NO!

Old 11-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: SEADAWG
Man, Sunl has been taking a beating here. It seems to me there has been enough alarms going off on this company.
Interesting post on SUNLSUCKS.COM

http://sunlsucks.com/viewtopic.php?p=279#279

Chinese Junk wrote:

SUNL has the worst ATV's and go kart's on the market................
SUNL knows exactly what they are doing. They know how to skillfully rip people off. They know that an endless supply of shoppers will buy based simply on price. They know that if they throw a good looking product on the market, people will buy it in droves...cause it's THE LOWEST PRICE and they think they are getting a deal. And SUNL is right. And to sweeten the pot, SUNL and it's army of scumbag dealers and drop-shippers use fraudulent advertising. They advertise using such terms as "Save money...why spend $5000 on similar products like a HONDA", " WE OFFER THE BEST PRICE, WARRANTY, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!", "WE HAVE ALL PARTS IN STOCK", "DEPENDABLE 4 STROKE HONDA CLONE ENGINE", and "THE BEST DEAL IN THE POWERSPORTS INDUSTRY"....which is all a complete and TOTAL LIE. Cause once you bite and buy one of their products, you will find out very quickly that what they told you was a COMPLETE and TOTAL FABRICATION just to get your money. You'll find out that the quality is not even 1/10th that of a Honda or any other comparible Japanese product. You will NOT get any after the sale support, they won't honor the warranty, they won't even answer emails, and totally forget about getting any replacement parts. In short, you're stuck with a useless piece of junk, just wasted your money and got ripped off by a bunch of scam artists......that's the SUNL Experience.

Quick Reply: sunl sucks