Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

sunl sucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunl sucks

someone started a new website called sunlsucks.com. first let me assure you it wasn't me. but i'm willing to surpport it.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: billl2099
someone started a new website called sunlsucks.com. first let me assure you it wasn't me. but i'm willing to surpport it.

LOL!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Come on Billl2099 how long did it take you to set it up? Just kidding. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Does not surprise me in the least.

You know, it will be interesting to see how fast the forum grows.

SB.

Old 10-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

Wow!!! That is crazy! The Internet is a very powerful tool! As you can see! When selling products to the public let it be ATV's or socks ya better be ready if you dont support your customers! I was happy to see who ever started it did stick up for his dealer! Wow again! Hope one day I dont see a Raceway sucks site! Haaaa ya never know I might have a customer or too that may have it in for me! Haaa again and again! woooww!

Old 10-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: RacewayATV
Wow!!! That is crazy! The Internet is a very powerful
tool! As you can see! When selling products to the public let it be ATV's or socks ya better be ready if
you dont support your customers!
Well I'm surprised it took this long. SUNL blindly imported and distributed tons of poorly manufactured
useless junk, let any and everyone sell their stuff, didn't care about replacement parts, and rarely if
ever honored warranty claims, answered email or returned phone calls. EBAY was flooded with SUNL
drop-shippers who made outrageous claims and used fraudulent advertising. When people had
problems or needed parts for their SUNL product....SUNL did not lift a finger to help.

I can not think of another example of a company that sells/manufactures/distributes a product and does
not support it or at least have parts! I mean DUDE, I can go to Wal-Mart and buy a $69 Weed-Whacker
and get parts/warranty support. Do you know how frustrating it is to spend $2000 for a go kart and
it breaks in the first day or two and YOU CAN'T GET IT FIXED? The company won't even talk to you!
That is a lot of wasted money.
In short, SUNL ripped a lot of people off and I can see why someone is pissed. Looks like someone
bought an expensive SUNL scooter and is having support problems. And NO I'm not the one who started
SUNLSUCKS.COM! I have no idea who this is.

Now SUNL wants to play nice. Yawn!
Screw people over and the word will eventually get out.
SUNL has earned their lousy reputation.

Old 11-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

read the 2 posts by ex SUNL dealers dman27 and exsunldealer

http://sunlsucks.com/viewtopic.php?t=48

Old 11-13-2006, 12:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

I may sound naive on this issue, but honestly I feel like I'm "forum'ing" with a bunch of 12 year olds at times... Even though the company may "suck" as you claim, it's very disturbing how some of you cut each others throats and It looks like it might be the competitors doing the slamming IMHO... If you are a true SunL buyer of a quad no more no less, It would be cool to hear your opinion of these ATV's straight from the horses mouth. From what I gather so far, SUNL mass produces ATV's therefore lacking the small details and final touches ie:tightening bolts, screws, etc, not properly preparing the mechanical aspects ie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]irty carbs, etc. ANything else?

Old 11-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

My cousin just bought 2 and my brother in law just bought 1 which will all be for Santa Claus. I guess their kids wasn't very good this year (LOL).... I hear these things are more of a punishment than a present. However, I will hold any comments until after I see how theirs fall apart -- uhm, I mean run.

I am going to for the brand name route, more money up front - better, safer, and good resale value on the backside....

Old 11-13-2006, 06:48 AM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

I am a former owner of a SunL SLA-110KLB which I purchased for my son for his birthday in August 2006. The bike was attractive, had the features that I wanted and the price was good - $800. It was one of SunL's newer quads and I took the chance on it even though I did read about all the bad reviews of older SunL's. I drag race Mustangs and thought I could keep this quad running. The dealer that sold it to me was a nice guy and local so again I took the chance. Well after 1 week and only a few rides by my son in the backyard, the transmission (semi-auto 3sp.) would not shift properly. It would jump from first to third and be very hard to shift. I adjusted the clutch which made it a bit better but still not good. I called my dealer and he said no problem bring it back and I will exchange it for another. We did that and the second bike shifted alot better. My son rode this bike for about 2-3 months on weekends mainly at my father's place which is about 4 acre's of a hay field. The bike would not idle properly until I took the carb completely apart and cleaned it, then it was somewhat better but not perfect. The front shock broke and it was high maintenance in terms of keeping everything tight using loctite. The battery died, the gas cap leaked, some plastic parts broke, had electrical problems in terms of the wiring coming apart, and the starter was on it's last legs when the motor took a crap. Ring problem because the oil had air bubbles and it was spitting out oil from the breather tube on the rear of the motor. The bike was never past half throttle. I called my dealer and he was nice enough to give me 75% of my money back. I took it and ran to my Polaris dealer and bought a 2006 Preadator 90. What a difference the Polaris is vs. the SunL - night and day!!!!!!!!!! I could never recommend a SunL to anyone based on my experience and I would not take a chance on another brand Chinese quad either. I know that some brands of Chinese quads are better than others but in terms of overall safety for my son, the Polaris makes me feel so much more comfortable when he is riding it.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

Mustangman,
Great posting....I hate to hear that. At least you had a local dealer....that softened the blow somewhat. SEADAWG

Old 11-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

mustangman, I know what your talking about. Have had some of the same problem's with my grandson's Sun-L. Bought him A Polaris Predator 90 last week. He hasen't seen it yet, It's for his birthday next month. I am still keeping the Sun-l as A backup. Guess I just like headaches.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: sunl sucks