Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY$$ FOR!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY$$ FOR!!

Originally posted by: MINIQUAD97
In todays market in atvs there are alot of models,makes and brands when you see one brand for $1800 and another for $500 and they are both mini quad "you are getting what you pay for" I under stand first time quad for your 5 or 6 yr old but when you need parts and or service and when you cant get it how much money are you really saving I have found out that service is have the price.
I agree MINIQUAD.....garbage like SUNL is not worth the headaches or time and trouble to keep em running.
Frame breakage and rear end lockage make these potentially dangerous...... and you can't get parts. SUNL is complete garbage and a waste of money.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Trailblazer

I agree MINIQUAD.....garbage like SUNL is not worth the headaches or time and trouble to keep em running.
Frame breakage and rear end lockage make these potentially dangerous...... and you can't get parts. SUNL is complete garbage and a waste of money.[/quote]

haha! Classic. hey dont hold back there bigric, tell us what ya think! hahaha

Old 10-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

aqharoper,
Same here in Washington State...kids with the Cninese quads (my daughter too) we sit around fixing them. The kids with the Hondas and Suzukis are having fun time in and time out! SEADAWG

Old 10-16-2006, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well I don't regret the turd I purchased. Yes I admit it; it is a turd, and you definitely get what you pay for if you ride these POS hard. The thing is, I have to remind myself I only paid $1300 for my turd.

I would never have considered this quad a turd if my son had not rode the thing. The way my daughter rides, the quad would have never had any issues. At least not as soon as it did. My son however brought out the weakest points & parts manufactured into the quad.

I will say that the quad has served its purpose. I am able to justify the Chinese quad purchase as well as the purchase of my daughter's new name brand quad. I now know that she will keep riding with us. She even asks me when we are going riding next. I will never spend another dollar towards a Chinese quad ever again no matter how well people think they are being built.

The Chinese quad/motorcycles have a long way to go before they are built more reliable. The Chinese quads do serve their purpose for some. But for the people that buy the quads to do more serious riding they just will not last and they generally become a major disappointment.

So for those who read this long-winded rant, here are my thoughts summed up:

1.If you can, buy a new Japanese or Taiwanese brand.

2.If new is not an option for you then consider used. There are plenty of great deals out there, you just have to look.

3.As a last resort buy the Chinese Quad/Motorcycle. But do not think you are buying that Name brand ATV. Remember that you get what you pay for.

SB.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:40 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, you can't tell the difference between some Taiwanese and Chinese brands. Personally, I think some companies created a Tawainese front to avoid the Chinese stigma.

I think you get what you pay for to a point. But I also think you pay a premium for a name brand. If you have it, spend it. If not, there are some nice off-brand machines for less money. Many of which I would rank higher than a Suzuki lt50/80 or Yamaha 50/80.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Trailblazer

my chinese quad is out of commision. I've been waiting over 2 months for a backordered part. Last year my tranny blew out and i waited 4 months for one! They sent me a pile of gears and i spent a few days wrenching...so fun. Money can't buy you backordered parts! AND you will need parts on a regular basis..........

Old 10-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Honestly, you can't tell the difference between some Taiwanese and Chinese brands. Personally, I think some companies created a Tawainese front to avoid the Chinese stigma.

I think you get what you pay for to a point. But I also think you pay a premium for a name brand. If you have it, spend it. If not, there are some nice off-brand machines for less money. Many of which I would rank higher than a Suzuki lt50/80 or Yamaha 50/80.
HAHAHAHA!!!LOL! Please! Gimme what your smokin'....LOL!

Old 10-17-2006, 10:18 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: squeege
Originally posted by: Raptorlegs

HAHAHAHA!!!LOL! Please! Gimme what your smokin'....LOL!
The Suzuki 50 is a single speed with pretty much no suspension, the 80 has one of the worst suspensions in it's class and Yamaha front ends are crap. Doesn't take much to outdo them squeege. Sit them side by side and compare. Come race my China quad and you'll take up drinking too.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

I have a so called high end China quad(Taiwan) .....it is good at best. The only reason it is good is because Many differant companies adopted the design and alot of support and parts became available. The majority of china made quads are not so lucky. They punch out a few quads and run with the money .....good luck finding parts! A name brand suzuki or yamaha may be behind (a few) Taiwan quads when it comes to brakes or suspension., but it is more than made up for in parts and support. I would be out of my mind to take any small china quad over a suzuki or yamaha if they were the same money, however the desert cat 90 and others with the same build are ok if you are handy with a screwdriver and wrench. Many people who are buying these pussified quads now a-days have little or no mechanic ability and should stick with the name brands like yamaha, suzuki, kawasaki, etc..ect... or they will be wasting their money for sure.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:48 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Problem with mini's in general is that the standards are not very high. So even when you buy a brand name, it's good at best. I do think the off-brands have listened to consumers in an effort to provide saftey items like kill switches, brake lights, head lights, full running boards, disc brakes, wider stance...things the big dogs ignored in the past. They all need improvement but some companies like Cobra, DRR and Xtreme are taking mini's to a whole new level.

And there are parts out the wazoo for that Unison. Service too if you're in the right spot. Sueege, I've always told people don't mail order unless you can turn a wrench. That's the downfall. There isn't a dealer in every town. But mini's such as your Unison are pretty close with the major players in build quality.