Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

DS50 Bomb running great!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS50 Bomb running great!!!

Like I mentioned (above) Yes, the CDI in a DS50 restricts the RPM top end. The one I replaced ours with was from Scooter Assassins off or Ebay and it definitely made the quad much better. No more sputtering at RPM and top end definitely increased. It's a lot quicker, as well. Pretty simply soldering installation, and color-coded wires even matched up. Good times now, for sure.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I too have a ds50 and can not find a cdi, what part number and brand of cdi did you get?
I have to of these quad and would like to make them faster.
Lou

Old 01-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I just did an ebay search for "CDI box" about 4 months ago and read all of the text I could tolerate about them on MANY auctions. There were many!
"Scooter Assassins", on EBay, actually sells them....around $12 if I remember right. They ship from Taiwan, and were expeditious. Look for the one which mentions bombardier in the text. Wish I could remember more-

The one I got soldere in just perfectly and quad fired up immediately. VERY PLEASED (for cheap!!!!!!!) thanks, Mike

Old 01-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

Good for you, JetTurbines.

I was told by a Mimco rep that I could just disconnect one of the 4 wires that PLUG into the CDI box on my daughter's 2006 Arctic Cat DVX50, and he even showed me the releveant wires on the Kymco Mongoose 50 he had there. (Kymco apparently makes a lot of the parts for the '06 AC DVX50.)

When I looked at the CDI box on our Arctic Cat, however, I found,;
1.) a 4-plug connector with only 3 plug-in wires (one green, one black with a yellow stripe, and one blue with a yellow stripe,

2.) a 2-plug connector with only 1 (black) wire plugged in.

The CDI box itself was labelled "30400 PWAS-900 2006 Jan"

So, does anyone know if it is the green wire I disconnect, or is there perhaps no CDI limiter wire on the quad?

James

Old 01-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK- I found a link on Ebay to on elike I put on the DS50- Here you go and hope it helps!
Mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...QQcmdZViewItem

Also, here's their website:

www.scooter-assassins.com

Old 01-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the quick reply, I will check it out and order. I checked for the ds90 cdi which I read somewhere that it had no rev limiter and worked on ds50. Thay want $89.....ouch
Will check and thanks again.
Lou

Old 01-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have been searching for some help in removing the governors from a 2006 arctic cat 50. sounds like you have it licked. i got the part about the slug in the intake tube, but what is the sa screen? do you have a link for the cdi box? i called the dealership about removal and was told the carb had to come off and the trans cover had to be removed. i can handle both of these, im just not sure what to look for. im just trying to get a little more pep out of this thing. nothing extreme. thanks

Old 01-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks fellas all this has been great and usefull, Now I have a bigger problem went to restart quad after son got off, it sat for about 30 min and will not restart, NO SPARK I think! replaced plug still nothing anyhelp will be apreacciated. Also how do I get rid of oil injection is it easy! and do you reccomend getting rid of the oil injection

Old 01-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. But letting a quad (or anything) rev beyond what the engine is designed for could cause excessive engine wear and/or breakage right? I just assume there are better ways to speed something up without excessive RPM's. If I am wrong I will be out buying new CDI's for all four of our quads...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

i just bought a ds 50 2002 bombadier for my son and was wondering where i can get a good used service/repair manual for it.if anyone has one for sale please let me know.also any suggestions on how to make it alittle faster without engine work please let me know.i was told i can remove something in the intake and install a cdi box limiter.any info would help.thanks ..peter

Quick Reply: DS50 Bomb running great!!!