Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Fastest Auto 150 or 250

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest Auto 150 or 250

I have no problem going to other brands at all if that's what it sounded like. I'm worried about reliability mixed with price. BTW, that's why you always go to google first, then click on the best option.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Range Rover

I edited my message above for ya BTW, lots more info added...

That wasnt directed to you RedArm, that other guy saying you would hate going from "major" to "other". I am like you about the Auto's. Thats all I will ever buy. Either way, keep asking questions, and just ignore the people that only bad mouth.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RedArmageddon
One more thing- I do beat the hell out of the thing as I'm 15, and I take that into consideration. Reading some of these threads make it clear to stay away from the Chinese, but the prices are hard to resist. I'm really looking for something that can go 50-55, that is with all governors basically taken off. Any other ideas, because I don't have a lot of options as far as automatics go and that's what I want.
I also will stay away from the Chinese quads until the product does improve. If you look thru the posts, you will see problems with frames cracked or broken, A-arm mounts breaking, shock mounts breaking, etc. True all manufactures have this problem if you beat on them. But the Chinese quads seem to break a hell of alot quicker. If you want to look into the "cheaper" quad market, Tawainese seems to be a good way to go. There products seem to be alot better than the Chinese Quads. At least thats my opinion.

I have topped out my Eton 250 at 48 MPH. And mine is still completely stock. I am thinking about upgrading the air filter, and exhaust and maybe porting the intake side of it. But since she is still under warenty, I dont want to do anything that might void it at this point.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live in Florida, do you know of any dealers there or where to look for dealers? It sounds good, but I need a place to atleast look at them.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LaPurr
Originally posted by: RedArmageddon
One more thing- I do beat the hell out of the thing as I'm 15, and I take that into consideration. Reading some of these threads make it clear to stay away from the Chinese, but the prices are hard to resist. I'm really looking for something that can go 50-55, that is with all governors basically taken off. Any other ideas, because I don't have a lot of options as far as automatics go and that's what I want.

I have topped out my Eton 250 at 48 MPH. And mine is still completely stock. I am thinking about upgrading the air filter, and exhaust and maybe porting the intake side of it. But since she is still under warenty, I dont want to do anything that might void it at this point.
Can I ask how you clocked your atv at 48 mph?

Old 10-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Range Rover

Both the car pacing me, and the on board Speedo.

To find a dealer in your area, follow the following links..

Eton Dealer Locater

Or go to the above mentioned link for the Can-Am website, and follow the button on the top of the screen for the Can-Am dealer locater.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

One other machine you might check into is the Polaris trailblazer..They used to come in 400cc two stroke versions and aftermarket pipes and other high performance parts were available..One of these could be made very fast and reach the goals you are after and they are fully automatic..I just don't see very many small cc (or large cc for that matter)going 55 mph so I would definetly want proof before you buy.Keep in mind 4 stroke engines are very expensive and somewhat difficult to improve upon.It won't be easy to gain more than 5mph in most cases..I know the cheap prices are very attractive but the old saying you get what you pay for is still very true in most cases..

Old 10-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Eton Dealer Locater

Or go to the above mentioned link for the Can-Am website, and follow the button on the top of the screen for the Can-Am dealer locater.
Both of those methods are usually very inaccurate...Try a radar gun or a GPS unit..I'm not doubting you but I see this all the time and people get a real reality check when you pull out the radar gun.....I am a huge Eton fan by the way and I'm glad to hear the bigger models are good machines.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the 2 stroke idea, but I don't want to have to deal with mixing oil. I want a 4 stroke, and likely will look into Eton or Can Am. Any other brands I should also be looking at?

Old 10-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: oldyeller

Eton Dealer Locater

Both of those methods are usually very inaccurate...Try a radar gun or a GPS unit..I'm not doubting you but I see this all the time and people get a real reality check when you pull out the radar gun.....I am a huge Eton fan by the way and I'm glad to hear the bigger models are good machines.
I guess I should mention that it was a police car that was pacing me. both on his certified speedometer, and his pace radar system.

Quick Reply: Fastest Auto 150 or 250