Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Fastest Auto 150 or 250

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest Auto 150 or 250

I'm 15, about to turn 16; 5'2" 135 lb. I have a Yamaha Bruin 350 4X4 that maxes at 42 MPH, but I hate its handling and its weight. I would like an auto, so I don't have to worry about shifting. I'm looking at any brand of sport, considering I want to atleast break even, selling the Bruin and buying the 150-300 sport. Here's my question:

What's the fastest 150 or 250 auto? I thought 250 based on speed, but if the speed difference is not that much between the fastest 150 and the 250, I will go with the 250. I would like something hopefully similar to the Bruin. Please list the fastest AUTOMATICS with their speeds. Thanks!

Old 10-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

you don't want a chinese if you're looking for speed chinese 150 run around 31-33, the 250's around 33-35.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

forget the automatics and get a clutch and a 6-speed blaster.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Range Rover

My Eton 250 Vector tops out about 48-50 MPH. I really like the way it handles, the suspension is nice, and adjustable. Double a-arm front suspension. Double disc in the front, with a single disc in the back. My 150 will out accelerate it from a dig for about 10-15 feet. then the 250 just flys by. Good gas milage as well, if thats important to you. The auto has not had any problems as of yet in my 250. It is water cooled with a cooling fan. I have had it from the low lands here in Missouri, to the highlands (about 14000 feet) in Colorado. Althou the power did drop off in the high country, it still perfermed very well. The price for them isnt bad, but I held out to find one on ebay. Saved 1800 doing it that way. They have been popping up on ebay more and more frequently lately for model year end closeouts.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

On an add someone was saying a Roketa 150 can hit 45-55. Is that true? I have no problem basically taking out that throtte screw or anything at all. I'm looking for something that can go as fast as possible, but at an affordable prics. What's the price of the vector?

Old 10-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Also, what do you guys think about this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...QQcmdZViewItem. I'm wondering the reliability, but I don't know. I really want only auto, so no thanks to the banshee

Old 10-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

I would be very careful here or you'll end up going backwards...I just radared a 150 maxam last night and it was only at 24 mph and our 90 was going 28 in the same distance!!!..If I were you I would get a blaster or a honda 250 or 300 EX..I'm not sure why you want an automatic?..A manual or semi automatic will run circles around a fully automatic trans with the same power...Alot of people have no clue how fast quads really go and tend to think they go way faster than they really do..Speedometers that don't read accurately are partly to blame..In my opinion going from the Bruin to a chinese 150-250 is a huge step backwards..I would look at some Honda,suzuki,kawi,yamaha sport quads in the 200-350cc range.

Trending Topics

Old 10-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Like I said before, I want the auto!!! It's just an issue I won't budge on. I'm also looking at price which is why I thought about the chinese. What about Eton's, what are the pricing on them? If I basically unscrew the governor, that won't speed one of those up?

Old 10-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also looked at the Can Am Ds250, what do you guys think about it? Someone said it is Taiwan based, is that true and whom is it made by?

One more thing- I do beat the hell out of the thing as I'm 15, and I take that into consideration. Reading some of these threads make it clear to stay away from the Chinese, but the prices are hard to resist. I'm really looking for something that can go 50-55, that is with all governors basically taken off. Any other ideas, because I don't have a lot of options as far as automatics go and that's what I want.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Range Rover

Can-Am is Bombardier. I cant say I know alot about the company, but I have heard very few complaints about them. There is a section dedicated to them on here.

As far as the Vector goes, here is one that was on ebay recently.. Eton 250 Vector

The one I bought thru ebay was only 100 bucks more, same color too. Since this one didnt sell, I wonder if you could contact the dealer directly and see if he is willing to relist it, or sell it for the price listed.

You can also check out Eton Home Website and check out the products.

As for going from a name brand to a "other brand". Eton is not "other". True, they arent as well known as the other major brands. but hey, every company has to start out somewhere. And while people keep up the thinking that "other" brands will never meet the quality of the "major" brands, the little company has no hope of ever improving there products cause they are 2 busy going out of business. Would I buy a "major" brand quad? only if the price was right, otherwise I am going to buy the "other" brand. (sorry for the hijack, sick of BS spewing around)

EDIT: DO NOT go the website www.can-am.com. YOU WILL NOT like it LOL.. The Can-Am website is... CAN-AM

New prices 3300 For the Can-Am DS-250, and 3200 for the Eton 250 Vector. The Can-Am only has partial runnin boards, great if you want to install nerf bars (which I dont). The Can-Am does not have a foot rear brake pedal, only hand controls. The Eton does have a foot brake pedal, but no hand grip rear brake. both are the same weight, and demensions, with the same amount of wheel travel. Both do have a add on abilitys, skidplates, and the like.

I personally like the full running boards the ETON has, as well as the foot brake. The 100 dollar price diference is not enuf to make me buy one over the other. If you are planning on buying new, I would look for dealership support. Sooner or later these things do need to be worked on, and if you like to have a dealer work on it, or to get parts from, its a good idea to have a knoledgeable store near you. I have 4 Can-Am dealers near me, and 2 ETON dealers. This was not a factor when I bought my ETON as there were ZERO Can-Am dealers in my area when I bought it. Just food for thought.

Quick Reply: Fastest Auto 150 or 250