Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

E-Ton 250 Vector vs. Can Am Ds250 vs. Any other Autos

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Ton 250 Vector vs. Can Am Ds250 vs. Any other Autos

Well, I basically narrowed it down to those two based on my other thread. Which one would you guys pick and why? What's the Can-Am's top speed, I know the vectors is 48 mph as said in the other topic. I'm probably going to go to a dealership in 2 weeks and pick the one suggested, so please help me out!!!

Old 10-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Range Rover

I cant give you a unbiased answer to the main question, as I have never been on a DS250.

I can give you suggestions based on other facts thou. And I cant find the other thread for references, so I am going off memory, and I could be off a bit..

Pricing is relatively the same between the 2, so that really isnt an issue.
Suspension is roughly the same, and adjustable. Non-issue.
Both are within 20 lbs on wieght, another non-issue.

Eton has full running boards, removeable for nerf bars. Can-Am has partial running boards.

I like the gear selector on the DS250 better, it feels less clumsy (SP?).

The warenty from ETON is 6 months full coverage, I havent had to use it on my 250, but many times on my 150. Have not had 1 issue with getting warenty work done. I have recently watched a info-comercial about the CAN-AM, and they mentioned something about either a 1 year factory warenty, extendable to 3 years. That would be a key selling point to me. These machines break, its just par for the course. If you are harder on machines, like I am, it is something to really consider.

At this point, I believe I am the only member of this forum that has the Eton Vector 250. And I dont know any members that have the Can-Am DS250.

Now this is what I know about my Vector 250.

The brakes on the thing are EXCELENT! I havent had a problem out of them, and have stopped me from top speed quicker than I thought, or even wanted them to.

To get to the radiator, or the overflow bottle, you have to remove 2 peices of plastic from the front. The battery access is really easy (like all quads I think).

The headlights light up the road/trail as well as my wifes car does.

Spark plugs are easy access, and has a manual choke.

If I have to adjust the idle speed, the only tool you need are your fingers. It adjusts right at the throttle.

Digital gas guage/speedo/odometer/tripometer. Good ground clearance.

There are alot of safety features, some I could do without, some are ok, some are a good thing. You cant start the quad without your foot being on the brake pedal, or your hand on the hand brake. You cant shift gears without your brake being applied like you would if you were starting it. Has a reverse alarm, but is easily disconnected.

The seat is kinda hard for my liking, but I am sure you could fix that if you want. I do a quite a bit of trail riding so I am sitting more often.

Has the ability to have a trailer hitch added on, as well as a rear rack. I dont have either on my quad, but I will be adding them next year.

The gear shifter, althou clumsy (sp) is out of the way. Not much chance of you hitting it with your knee or something after a jump. I just dont like how it feels while shifting.

There is no secondary start for the 250. So if the battery goes dead, you have to jump start it, or push it. I havent had a problem with this yet, but I do carry a set of jumper cables under my seat just in case.

Good power. I have had it on some 4x4 trails, and the 250 did better than I thought it would. A couple trails I ended up on, I had to go back in the group and tell them to find another way cause I shouldnt have even been there. Took me a couple tries to get out of it, but I did (60% decline followed by a 60% incline, where you are worried about flipping over head over heels).

any other questions, let me know. I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Old 10-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

I have a new Can-am dealer in my area and I went in and took a look around..I have to say the 250 looked pretty good...I think it is physically bigger than the Eton....What kind of riding do you do??...I'm still not sure why you are so hung up on a particular top speed???..Having purchased 3 brand new atvs in the last couple of years I can tell you buy something that has the most features that will suit your riding style and conditions for where you ride..