Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Which model is this? Confused buyer!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which model is this? Confused buyer!!!

Hi all. New to this forum.
Im in the market to get my little guy a new quad. He's 6 yrs old and is about 46" now. With the way he is growing he'll be 50" tomorrow morning. I was looking at the Hensim 70cc quad which seems like its packed with really nice safety features. Seems like its a decent machine. I can get it locally for only $400. However it looks kinda small for him. I can see him growing out of that frame size real soon.

He came across this new model the other day on ebay which he is dead set on getting. He is set on the looks and I have to admit it is a great looking unit. It looks like its pretty new to the market. Manufacture wise, the only thing I know about it is that Loncin makes the engine. It seems like its so new that there isnt much of a support base for it yet. I came across just a couple of vendors for this and they cant tell me much about it(safety features, maker, parts base). Does any one know who makes this? Link:
pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5

I know that if you buy enough units from one of these chinese manufacturers, they will brand it any name you want. Seems like many of these units are similar in parts and features. Looks like the engines are all the same Honda clone type with a few variations. Similar quality(good or bad) as well. Correct me if Im wrong on that. I'm very handy when it comes to small engines so im prepared for the "get what you pay for" headaches, but getting the parts and support is another story and Im not prepared to shell out $2500-$3000 for a name brand quad that will get used for maybe a year or two. Feel free to give your two or three cents here on this. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-31-2006, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

At $400 you could buy two and not have to worry about where to get parts. I would not really worry about parts. The Loncin engines are pretty good and since they are a Honda clone parts are easy to find. As far as the frame and the rest of the quad you should be able to get parts from most Chinese dealers. For $400 what do have to lose. Since you know your not purchasing a $2000 quad I'd say go for it. And go have fun for as long as the quad lasts. If you think about it if you were to rent a 90cc quad for a weekend it would cost half of the purchase price.

SB.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with SB05, at $400.00 it can't hurt...or buy two and never have to worry about parts. SEADAWG

Old 11-01-2006, 03:18 AM
Range Rover

i agree with the others, buy it, 400 is pretty cheap!

Old 11-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer

Just to clarify. I didnt make myself clear. The Hensim 70cc I can get for $400, but this is the small frame model that my son will probably grow out of in a few months. The orange 90cc in the pics is the one Im contemplating picking up. This one is around $625 delivered. The $400 Hensim has some decent support behind it but its just too small. Im just a bit shakey on this 90cc un-named model. No one seems to know what factory this comes out of. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

Did you not see that raceway atv has a sale on floor models?

Old 11-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: squeege
Did you not see that raceway atv has a sale on floor models?
No. Im on the site now but dont see anything. Send me a link. mrdjc@verizon.net

Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything that runs is worth $400.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/504791.cfm

I hear the falcon mini delux 90 is good for the money......I would buy that one IMHO

Old 11-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by: speedknot
Just to clarify. I didnt make myself clear. The Hensim 70cc I can get for $400, but this is the small frame model that my son will probably grow out of in a few months. The orange 90cc in the pics is the one Im contemplating picking up. This one is around $625 delivered. The $400 Hensim has some decent support behind it but its just too small. Im just a bit shakey on this 90cc un-named model. No one seems to know what factory this comes out of. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Whether it's $400 or $625 you could still buy 2 and have one for parts. I wouldn't be concerned with the factory it comes out of, really at $625 or even $1500 who gives a rats a__. As long as it runs that's all that matters. You are trying to have fun at a cheap price. Chinese quads are all pretty much the same. Just make sure you assemble it properly, and it will probably run for a long time. As long as you don't beat the heck out of it. Regardless of who makes, imports, or distributes these quads they are disposable. There is very little to no resale value in these quads. It will all depend on the condition the quad is in a the time of the sale.

SB.

Quick Reply: Which model is this? Confused buyer!!!