Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Blind is Blind...Dumb is your fault (I too failed)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 170 Likes on 169 Posts
Default Blind is Blind...Dumb is your fault (I too failed)

So what exactly in my original post caused you to toss the first grenade?

Old 11-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blind is Blind...Dumb is your fault

I'm talking about facts and research on quads. Please state the pros and cons of your Chinese built quads. You are not a dealer are you? SEADAWG

Old 11-10-2006, 03:17 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: SEADAWG
Again, you are painting the Chinese with a broad brush as you take shots at me. I don't answer theads that I don't know anything about. I ride often and when I see one, I ask the owner or even try to ride them. I stay on the quads I know and I try to stick to the facts. Scootergptx....please state facts on your experience and quads...if you love them, say so. Why do you keep responding to me if you hate what I write?

Hum....much easier throwing grenades than catching them!
"Quad A sucks, therefore quad B,C,D,E,F and G suck too" is NOT fact. It's opinion. Of which, many are obviously getting tired of rehashing yours.

Old 11-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 170 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally posted by: SEADAWG
Blind is Blind...Dumb is your fault

I'm talking about facts and research on quads. Please state the pros and cons of your Chinese built quads. You are not a dealer are you? SEADAWG
I think if I was, I'd be touting a certain brand.

By your own admission (thread title) I think I'd make a better dealer than you did as a consumer.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

SEADAWG

I have a mole hill in my yard come over and make it a MONTAIN!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Kids,
If you don't like my thread, don't read it or post a reply. If you are getting tired of it, don't read it or reply. You are the ones keeping it at the top...then you don't even put yours out there. You should be saying: "SEADAWG, I have a _______ made in China or ????______ and mine is perfect. I have great quality, love it, it equals the Japs/other and the parts support is second to none. I recommend this quad to anyone that reads this thread...and trust me, if you buy one like I bought, you'll get every bit of your $$$$'s worth. This shouldn't be about SEADAWG. So, please start a thread and state your case. The good book says call no man a fool...for a fool will never know they are a fool because they are a fool! SEADAWG

Old 11-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

seadog give it up, i think we did our own research on these quads we knew what we were gettng into when we bought them, u should of done better research,since u were expecting japan qaulity on a kazuma 250 and a red cat,vx 80 , the peoplewho use the forum put enogh info on here to educate anyone with problems or is thinking of buying one,u cant change the world so give up and stop complaing, we all have to listen to crap every day at work i and probably other people here dont want to read it anymore.

and for the record, these china quads are cheap i knew that , i can turn a wrench so i can fix them.

so the hoyt is saying im happy and i didnt fail i knew what to expect, and im not complaing.

now totry them in the first snow of the year here in wi. oh yeah you can keep complaing this thread is getting funny .

Old 11-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

im back! well i wanna say im sorry to seadog, i didnt mean to be so harsh, so im starting my own chinese quad review.

check new thread,

Old 11-11-2006, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

By the title of this thread I guess I am Dumb and it is my fault since I bought a chinese quad.

With that said I will again give my opinion of the JetMoto 150 we purchased from Raceway.

There are some decent Chinese quads and some not worth the hassel. After a lot of reading I decided to go with the JetMoto 150. My daughter is at the age where the 90 series bikes are too small and she is not quite ready for the 250 and up size quads. I was not really sure how "into" quads she would get and did not want to shell out $2500 + for something that would sit around and collect dust. So for $1400 shipped to my door it was not as big of a gamble.

The good stuff:
Well packaged.
A nerf net was frayed and the sensor on the rear brake lever that allows the starter to engage was bad. One call to Raceway and they mailed me the new parts.
Easy assembly, however no directions on assembly but common sence prevails. After changing out the cheap oil and lock-tite every bolt I could get my hands on it fired right up.
It starts very easily in all conditions so far. The suspension is outstanding on it. Especially compared to the non-existent suspension of the Yamaha Raptor quads she was sharing with her brother and sister.
Automatic makes it easier for her to concentrate on driving.
Has survived some rough riding, including a trip to the dunes. Where it did surprisingly well.

The bad stuff:
The head light shines almost straight down. It is bright but only shines about 5-10 feet in front of you.
The carb came disconnected from the intake. Lock tite and it has not happened again.
The front suspension is not very tight. The tie rods are tight, but there is play on both ends of the a-arms.
No reserve switch on the gas tank, so you really have to pay attention to the fuel level. For a 150 it sucks the gas.
Its steering feels "heavy" and has a large turning radius.
Could not get one of the tires beads to stop leaking. Finally had to slime it and now only have to add air once a month instead of once every few days.
When accelerating to near top speed it raps out fairly smooth until you get almost to top speed and it will act like it "shifts". I know it is not shifting but that is the best way to describe it. The engine raps out while it is doing this "shift" and continues on its way and then about 8 seconds later it will do it again.

I can honestly say I have had more problems out of our Raptor 50 than we have had with the JetMoto.

My daughter likes to drive fast but not really into jumping. I knew this before buying the JetMoto.
Would I let my 9 year old boy on this quad? No. His mission is to see how much space he can get between himself and the ground at every opportunity and I am fairly confident he could destroy it fairly quickly.

When I feel like just taking a leisurely cruise around the land I will jump on the Jetmoto.

Would I buy another Chinese quad. Probably not. My oldest daughter has turned into my most avid rider of all my kids so the Jetmoto has more than served its initial purpose and I do not feel I was "DUMB and it was my fault" as Seadawg suggest.

Old 11-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
Great posting and awesome informative information. You did the research and you help future people make a more educated conclusion. I was the dumb one, not you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]!

Quick Reply: Blind is Blind...Dumb is your fault (I too failed)