Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Blind is Blind...Dumb is your fault (I too failed)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blind is Blind...Dumb is your fault (I too failed)

All,
The lack of research by new buyers still amaze me. When I bought mine....I too failed to read and study what people were warning me about. It amazes me how many people post new topics without researching old posting and warnings. Please, before Christmas, don't be a fool and study these topics. If not for you, for your kid. SEADAWG

Old 11-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Trailblazer

seadawg are you against chinese atv's?

Old 11-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

chinese or not, it doesnt matter. there is so much infomation available for anything you want to buy its crazy. some of the info is bad and good. sometimes there is too much info... i bought a sunl mini90 and have had good experiences with it but most people havnt. it got my kids hooked on atv's and i bought them a better one. for the cheap entry level price it served its purpose. they still ride it , sometimes we take one of my kids friends with us and they have a blast on it.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

for me i cant complain, i had issues with one there all fine now, what do you expect for the price? big 4 quality,common, i gotta a idea go look at the big 4 forums sure alot of posts with problems on those machines, a couple of chinese brands have more problems then others, why is it i only see one guy constantly complaing trying to turn all these chinese youth quads with negitivity?????

to me it seems like the guys who no how to setup propery and can figure out how to solve the little problems that we have come across and modify things to work better to make these cheap a$$ quads better for our kids are not the ones complaing.

i dont think anyone on here thinks there getting honda qaulity when they buy these,but i will say this these little quads have made alot of young kids very happy, even if they have a day when they cant ride because the machine is down .

my polaris was just down for a week let me guess blind is blind... dumb is my fault for buying a polaris.

listening to the complaining is getting sickening, ive heard it all, really dont want to hear anymore.

if you buy chinese heres my suggestion:

buy kazuma,redcat,jetmoto, these seem the easiest to get parts for.

if you cant wrench buy big four with a dealer buy you to do your work.

to me i see more possitive(of course with some issues) then negatives but what do expect for the price?

so if you hate the chinese quads so bad sell what you got buy name brand, move to the other forums and leave the negativity over there i think a few of us are tired of it.

hoyt

Old 11-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

I'm tired of cheap @ss companies selling crap! reminds me of the batteries I bought last weekend from dollar general so I could snap some quality pics at a basketball game....the dam things wouldn't even power the camera up.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Boy I'm dumb! ! ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] On the back in big ole letters says "MADE IN CHINA" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SEADAWQ,

Due to the low pricing, most people asking about the Chinese quads have already made up their mind to purchase them. No matter what anyone says or what they read here in the forum, they for the most part are still gonna go buy that cheap quad. It's is a difficult task to try to convince someone that buying a Chinese ATV is not the best decision to make.

The thing is the Chinese quad prices are so cheap that most people don't really care if they don't work quite right. It's a gamble they chose to take and for the most part the quads work out just fine for the people who purchase them. For the most part all these people purchasing these quads, know that they are not buying the $2000 quad. For some, it is a place to start even with the ups and downs of repair. It even seems like the dealers are getting a little better with their customer service and handling customers claims. Now I'm sure there are a lot of dealers that need work but hopefully they will come around too. I have been looking at the new models that are coming out and they are all going through new design changes. The quads can only get better, but with new and better designs, chances are that prices will also go up. Eventually they may get to the point where they will price themselves out of the market. People will start buying the more reliable Japanese quads.

Even though I may never buy another Chinese quad again. I still do not regret my purchase. Heck just last weekend I rode my Chinese Hooptie, it made it back from a 22 mile ride with no problems to speak of. Sure I worried the entire time on whether I was going to make it back to camp, which by the way can add a little stress to a persons ride, but the quad really surprised me. I had a good time riding the quad, I am a little too heavy to be riding the quad and it beat the crap out of me but I had a lot of fun riding it. And once again my Chinese quad has served its purpose.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

hoytultratec

my polaris was just down for a week let me guess blind is blind... dumb is my fault for buying a polaris.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made the same mistake by buying a POOlaris. Thats why I now have a Honda. LOL!!!

J/K but like you stated any brand will have problems. If you know how to wrench then the chinese quads are not bad. If you have no clue then stay with name brands.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

I love to provoke thought and discussion. Be fair, open and honest and reframe from personal attacks. Keep it going and keep it honest. SEADAWG

Old 11-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

i think on the most part the chinese atv's are great quads compared the electric atc toys @ toys u us, walmart, as long as you don't over spend and go in debt on one, and are between 4-12 years old, i wouldn't recommend one for an adult.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

No complaints from me. I've owned Sun L 70s 90s and 110s and Redcat MPX 70 90 and 110 and I like everyone of them.

I CANNOT see going out and wasting my hard earned $$ to buy a YOUTH quad for two and a half times what its cost to buy the above mentioned ATVs,just because its a BRAND NAME ATV,ESPECIALLY for a YOUTH that is not going to be riding it hard.

And they[chinese ATVs] keep making improvements all the time.

Quick Reply: Blind is Blind...Dumb is your fault (I too failed)