Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 50cc Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 50cc Won't Start

ok, this is too weird. I am having the exact same problem you are having with my sons quad right now. I have done all of the same steps that you have but have had similar success. I will go check the wire you are asking about and see where mine goes.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer

I do not see a turquiose color with a reddish/pink stripe, but from where you describe where the wire is coming from that is from the stator. I have greem wire in that loom that is connected to another gren wire that goes up inder the gas tank. Pull your gas tank and see if you have any other loose wires under there.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm sorry the wire is green with a reddish/orange stripe in the center of it. Is that the one you are talking about?

Old 12-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

mine does not have a stripe on it but I thik we are talking about the same wire.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

I see the solid green wire but the one that I am talking about is in the same loom. There is a total of six wires coming out of the loom. This one is not commected to anything, I would think it should since it is coming from a part on the ATV. To me it is coming from some sort of sensor that is next to the chain(behind the chain cover). It has some sort of metal clip also. Sorry for the bad descriptions.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have the wiring diagrams. I too had a spark problem see my postings of a month back.
Reccomend when fixed to redo all bullet connectors and kill swithes side and rear. My stator problem was aweird one with intermittent spark.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Could you please send me the wiring diagram? garlandacton1@msn.com I would appreciate it very much!

Old 12-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to try adjusting the valves even though you feel your compression is sufficient - it may not be (you can use the search function to find detailed info. on the procedure). Also, consider moving the clip on the throttle needle to a richer idle position. Additionally, I've found that a torch tip cleaner works great for cleaning hard to reach places in your carb like the jets - could be a piece of sand stuck somewhere.

A combonation of the above made my daughter's sunl 70 a very easy starting machine (had been relatively difficult to start).

Rodney

Old 12-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

I just went and looked at my son's 50. If I was looking at the same wire that you are, it comes out of the chain cover in a loom, under the gas tank. At that point itall the wires in the loom have bullet connectors, then they go on up in front of the handlebars. My best guess,with out taking my son's apart, is that it goes up to the ignition switch. hope this helps.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Have you placed a "Hot Light" or multimeter on the wire to see if it's getting power? Or is it showing that it is a ground?

Quick Reply: Kazuma 50cc Won't Start