Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

chinese quads are junk!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chinese quads are junk!

Carlw,
You are exactly right in saying you need to be a mechanic to own a chinese quad I bought my son one for christmas and am very happy with it but If it weren't for my dad knowing how to take the carb apart and clean it out then put it all back together I'd be complaining like others. (why didn't I pay attention when my dad tried to show me this stuff when I was younger)

Old 01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

trailridercamden,

How are you making out with your quads?

Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Range Rover

i have a 100cc little mini utility i got for my son for cristmas.

i have done lots of work on our mini. there is some good reading in some of my older post . there is a good one called mini quad mods. check it out. good info in there.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Range Rover

<<<<<<<<< dying breed

Old 01-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

I looked at your old post. I saw nothing that was severely flawed with this quad for your son except you are obviously putting a child too young for a 100cc quad on it. He had trouble reaching the brake and his thumb got tired quickly. Sounds awful young to me. But hey, if he can handle it, more power to him. Back to my point. There were no serious flaws with the quad which is Chinese, yet you come on here and bash them constantly. Go tell your boy that his quad is a POS, cause that's what you're telling everyone on here that bought one. I'm betting you won't tell your boy his is a POS though will ya?

Old 01-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Range Rover

sure i will when he is older and out grows the POS i will buy him a LT80 2 stroke model , the kawasaki version of it . the kawi green is the way to go.i am keeping my eyes open for a yamaha trizinger 3 wheeler to. and that little 50 2 stroke suzuki 3 wheeler they used to make. or a honda 70 if i find one close to me in good shape. yamaha PW50 2 wheeler some day to. we love bikes. i have been riding my whole life and have had a long list of machines. and my little home boy will to.

look man it was a great deal at 540 bucks i am just sort of geting the word out that they are not for the mechanicly imparied.

it is a hell of a starter bike for the price. but honestly it is a piece of ____ ..pot metal ,cheap plastic , horible suspention, very poor machine work. crapy air intake"no air box". but i dont care , other junky hardware vibriting rattling away.

I simply wanted to start a thred to state my opinion. you go start your own pro junk thred if you like.

this thred might help to balance out some of the BS quality claims about these things.

this might be good reading for some people. folks should think twice before buying a new 2000$ hunk of crap chinese quad and pick up a cycle trader and find a deal on a used real bike thats all.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

And my Redcat FX-150 that's been hitting rough a$$ rock trails for 7 months now without any major issue, is it a POS too? You can't judge them all because you bought a winner. Why not come on here and just bash the brand you bought instead of them all?

Old 01-04-2007, 10:17 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

carlw, Maybe you should change the name to "most" chinese quads are junk.

As long as their are forums and chinese quads there will always be people thrashing them on the internet.

YankeeTim, I remember when Toyotas and Hondas were called junk. If I remember right it was Ford, Chevy, and Harley Davidson making those claims. I think they have changed their minds.

Im way past carpal tunnel. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Carpal Tunnel? I think you passed that at the 10,000 post mark. Right now I think you are close to checking into the Betty Ford Clinic![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

Most stuff from China is junk.

Quick Reply: chinese quads are junk!