Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Raceway Mini 90 review

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raceway Mini 90 review

I order 2 Mini 90?s from Raceway for my kids for Christmas, one red and one blue. A lot of you probably know that Raceway used to sell the Sunl 90 (Mini 90) and had a lot of problems with them, then they switched to the Roketa 90 (Mini 90) and I know that I read a few posts that people have had good luck with them. Well when I called Raceway to order them I found out they have a new source for the Mini 90. John from Raceway told me that during a recent visit by Jetmoto overseas they found a source for well built Mini 90?s. So Jetmoto is now importing these for Raceway, they will be coming with a Jetmoto MSO. These are not the Jetmoto 90?s they still look exactly like the previous Mini 90?s and they have no Jetmoto branding on them at all. I ordered them on Thursday Dec 7 and got them on Friday Dec 15, pretty fast delivery especially for that time of the year. Raceway gave me the tracking number on Tuesday and I was able to track them every step across the country, the trucking company was Estes Express Lines. I received them in two cardboard covered steel framed creates that were stacked and wrapped in shrink wrap with no visible shipping damage. My wife had taken the kids out so I was able to get them in the basement (walkout - no I didn?t carry them up and down steps) with out the kids seeing them. Over the weekend I did a quick assembly (no locktite or oil change) just to make sure nothing was missing or damaged and they would start, so I could let Raceway know if I needed anything and get it before Christmas. Both were in perfect condition and had no missing parts (the red one was missing the flame stickers but I let John know on Monday Dec 18 and had the stickers on Wednesday Dec 20). Both started no problem on the first try but I only ran them about 60 seconds each since I still had them in the basement. Over the next week I took them back apart and used locktite to reassemble, changed the oil, swapped the plugs for NGK added homemade 1.75? wheel spacers, modified the brake levers for little hands, got longer screws for the throttle limiters and swapped the 14 tooth front sprockets for 13 tooth to slow them down some more. Finally got about an hour while my wife got the kids out of the house to start and tune them. Stock out of the box they would start and idle but pressing the throttle they would bog and die. After adjusting the idle and air screw they ran great and had great throttle response. After letting them warm up and adjusting both, I did not have time to take them for a ride since the kids were due back any minute (real bummer). The first time I had a chance to try them out was 12:30 Christmas eve after the kids went to sleep, my wife and I had a ball tooling around our neighborhood, I am sure the neighbors were not to happy and there are probably some kids that thought Santa was coming down the street on a pair of ATV?s. I wanted to put them in the house next to the tree but my wife was not having that at all especially since the tires had gotten a little muddy on our midnight ride so I just put them on the front porch. On Christmas morning the kid?s were thrilled but also bummed because it rained all day and they couldn?t ride. But they had a pretty good time just sitting on them on the front porch and pretending. When it finally stopped raining a couple of days later they had a blast. I had the longer throttle stop screws screwed way in so they could only get going about 5 to 8 mph not much faster than their Power wheels quads and the Remote cutoff/start?s work great (that is one more problem we had, each one came with two remotes and the blue one only one of the remotes worked so John at Raceway is sending me a new alarm/start/stop box with two new remotes, Raceway has been great). Between the rain, my work schedule (their not allow to ride unless I am there) and all the relatives visiting with their kids (wife doesn?t want them to ride when lots of other little kids are there both the crying that they can?t ride and don?t want them to get run over) they only have about 5 hours on them around the yard.

So far they have been great. I will give an update when they have some more time on them.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:07 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for the great review 9kids! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Very nice job covering all youve done with the 2 quads.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Excellent review 9kids. Isn't it great seeing the looks on their faces when they're on quads. That never gets old.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

9kids,
Ole SEADAWG is in tears...I'm all about the kids and loving family men. You make me proud and we are blessed to have you on this forum and as and American. Keep it up and keep the faith. Hey, great review too. Let me know if ole John lets you down....he knows SEADAWG will be on him like a ....well, he doesn't call me SEADAWG, he calls me HOUNDDAWG[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] God Bless. SEADAWG

Old 01-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

Im on it SEADAWG! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Kids ATV Youth ATV Raceway ATV

Old 01-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

I knew you would[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEADAWG

Old 01-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the nice replies.
I have been trying to post some pics of the quads and the kids on Christmas but I had never set up my personal page and bio and it has been pending approval since Sat. night.
Hey mywifesquad you are a moderator, aren't you, can you approve my personal page.

Thanks

Old 01-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Trailblazer

Pictures are up
check them out

Old 01-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

Great pics!

Old 01-15-2007, 04:38 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: 9kids
Thanks for all the nice replies.
I have been trying to post some pics of the quads and the kids on Christmas but I had never set up my personal page and bio and it has been pending approval since Sat. night.
Hey mywifesquad you are a moderator, aren't you, can you approve my personal page.

Thanks
Sorry I couldnt get on and approve your pics. I had too much to do at work today.

Nice pics!! You just gotta love Christmas morning pics with kids and quads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Raceway Mini 90 review