Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

My new Viva Motors 250 Quad

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Viva Motors 250 Quad

Thanks a ton! Appreciate you taking the time to make me feel better. I will sleep better tonite. Tomorrow I get to put it together and I'm pretty excited.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Range Rover

outofline - Thats a good looking bike (the 300)... I almost picked that one myself... I went with the CoolSport 250 (pic are uploaded).

lyreriverman - The bike you picked looks good too (my 3rd pick)... Let us know how it works out...

Old 02-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Range Rover

lyreriverman - How is the new 4-wheeler???

Old 02-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be leery of any machine that has fake front shock reservoirs .........

The suspension in general looks really sketchy, look like a toy.

And the specs say it's 398-pounds and has 10.5hp?

Then they claim a top speed of 75mph.

I'm not trying to bash, I'm just curious about these numbers, they don't add up. And I'm curious as to if that suspension is safe.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK, got it on Friday. Put it together Fridat night. Changed the oil, and spent all day Saturday w/some Loctite tightening nuts and bolts. The machine fired right up, but idled rough for a few hours. Today it fired right and ran good, even idles on it's own well with a minor carb adjust.

Only a couple complaints, and I realize you get what you pay for, besides they're not biggies. The frame around the pegs was bent during shipping. The box it came in looked like hell, surprised the quad wasn't beat up more. The plastic is broke in two spots, front left fender isn't attached above the front tire and the plastic connection at the foot peg on the left side is broke at the attachment. I can fix this somehow. No instructions, I'm pretty mechanical though so I figured it out, couple bolts left over though, not sure what they are for, find out the hard way I guess.

The machine rides well though. I was amazed how many fasteners were loose. SS97 mentioned the fake oil resevoirs for the front shocks. They look real to me, even have armor covered hoses. I havn't messed with them yet, but that seems like a waste of money to install them if they are fake, I thought the chinese were about cutting costs. Anyway, I like it fine and it doesn't seem to small. I will buy the new JetMoto 250 though, and my wife will ride the Viva Quad, if I dont break it before the JetMoto shows up.

Hopefully Viva will send me some new plastic, I will call them tomorrow, that should be fun. Customer service seems to be a pretty small department.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Range Rover

lyreriverman - Glad your happy with it... Get us some pics... That JetMoto 250 looks like a nice bike and the help the dealer gives people on here is Tops... Even if you don't buy it from Raceway... That says a lot for RaceWay...

Took my bike out today and I may have hurt it bad... Had a bad noise coming from the trans... I did an oil change and the noise went away so I may get lucky... I will need a clutch job,,, but that's no biggie...

Get us some pic and ride safe...

Old 02-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Your new Coolsport is making noises? Hope not! These Chinese motors have been really bullet proof!

Old 02-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Trailblazer

The motor is most probably a clone of the Honda NS250 from 1990.

What Drifter is not telling you about his tranny is that he had to haul me up a steep slope after I scorched my clutch plates! We put a seriously heavy load on his 250 trying to hual mine up the slope. These standards are at a disadvatage when it comes to hauling. The CVT quads seem to have a smoother easier response to heavy loads. With a standard, you have to ride the clutch so much it heats up pretty bad.

I was trying to hill climb a steep grade, when starting in some 8-9 inch deep muddy-slop! I had to ride the clutch, shifting from reverse to first, feathering the clutch and gas so long I scorched my plates and they stuck together.

Basically my clutch said hell no and froze up. I thought I was looking at a total clutch job, but after draining the oil and pulling the side cover last night, I was able to unstick the plates and re-lube them, then closed it back up and add fresh oil. It kicked right into gear and moved out!

These engines are tough, but the clutches are susceptible to heat! PS - My oil dipstick actually began to melt fro mthe heat off those plates!

Old 05-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello everyone I would like a little help from you all if I could I am realy leary about buying stuff online and being riped off I am looking to buy a dirt bike for my self and a 4 wheeler for my wife and a little one for my kids I have looked over many sites and I found one selling VIVA products at the prices there offering me I can afford to buy all 3 of them so that me and my family can enjoy time together outdoors this summer one site i look at was http://www.atvsimports.com the prices that they offer allow me to buy all 3 at a little over $3,000 the questions I have are these #1 are the VIVA's worth the money #2 is there similar sites with close to the same prices I can buy 2 atv's and 1 dirt bike for around $3,000 #3 has anyone bought them online at great deals from a reliable seller. Me and my family would appritiate any help or advice you can give to us I have left my icq# and e-mail address to make it easy for us to talk please help in away you can as soon as you can as we are looking forward to buying these really soon thank you very much for your time.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ispep,

Here ya go, for what it's worth in my humble opinion. I ordered a 250 from Viva for 1195.00 or so. It arrived 4 days late, no prob. It arrived damaged, prob. It was listed as a 250 CC machine, actually a 200. Chain is crap. Plastic breaks easily. Need to loctite EVERY SINGLE NUT AND BOLT. Gutless machine, with crap suspension, even after I made all the suggested carb adjustments. Midsized frame, set up for small people or teens. The welds are crap, I know, I'm a welder.

The good points: 1195.00 cost, and..........ok, that's all.

My advice, and I ignored it when I heard it, "buy a used big 4". It is worth the extra money just for the headache relief, not to mention the parts. I am not happy with mine, and it sits until my oldest is big enough to reach the pegs. I don't expect he will have it long before he destroys it. It's been written on here before, numerous times, "shop around and you can find good used quad for more money, that will last you a lot longer with more ride time". If your kids are younger, buy them the Chinese quads and something better for you and your other. I don't think I can emphasize this enough, SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY, it will pay off in a short time.

I guess I will evoke a few replys from the loyal Chinese crowd. I don't care, I gain nothing from offering you my opinion. I hope you don't buy one. Additionally, I will not buy anything from Viva.

Quick Reply: My new Viva Motors 250 Quad