Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Which youth ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which youth ATV?

I am looking to buy a youth 70 or 90cc for my daughter. I am looking for a cheap one, possibly a chinese one.
Which ones perform well?

Old 03-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which youth ATV?

If you want a cheap reliable one, buy a used one from Japan.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which youth ATV?

I am looking too!!!!...My buddy at work bought a 50cc few years back and now bought a 70cc...again from Maxam-motor corp. he went back for a second quad so I might give them a try........You can check out the web-site at maxim-motor.com
I think....Caper......

Old 03-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which youth ATV?

Sorry typo.........maxam-motor.com
You can copy and paste........

Old 03-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which youth ATV?

Originally posted by: LAKOTABOB
If you want a cheap reliable one, buy a used one from Japan.
Sorry, I am rather new to ATV's. Are the Japanese atv's the name brand ones (i.e. Polaris, Honda, Yamaha, etc.)?

Old 03-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Which youth ATV?

How much are you looking to spend? If you buy Chinese then look at racewayatv.com . How old and how big is your daughter?

Old 03-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which youth ATV?

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
How much are you looking to spend? If you buy Chinese then look at racewayatv.com . How old and how big is your daughter?
My daughter is just turning 6 and weighs about 57 lbs. I am not sure how tall she is (I know I should know that).

Old 03-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Which youth ATV?

I would recomend a REDCAT90 MPX I have one that I purchased for my 9 yr old daughter in Nov of 06 and it has been great so far. The only thing I did not like was it seemed to be a bit under powered so I installed a Honda Trail Bikes 114cc big bore kit with a high compression piston and a 24mm carb kit. Man it rips now it will pull my 225lb butt around nicely and will whelie with me on it about 300 ft. I have a friend who purchased a 200cc jet motto for his 12 yr old daughter and my red cat can out run it now.

But the ATV seems to holding up fine I have had no issues at all with it. We went to a place last saturday and let her ride all day went through a whole tank of gas no stop and then we refilled it and she kept going. I am, very happy for what we paid. My wife also rides around the neiborhood all the time too I have to say for the money great machine. I paid $650 for this thing and love it.

One of the reasons I went with the REDCAT MPX is I liked the angle of the rear shock. PM or e-mail me I have tons of links for mini ATV stuff. I think with a pipe and suspension and wheel up grades this thing would pass a name brand unit.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which youth ATV?

If your daughter has never riden before she may wish to try a 50cc first. She could ride it for a year then upgrade. The price of a chinese atv is very little so you could possibly buy a 50cc for 500-600 then sell 2 years later 300-400. Out of the few 50cc Chinese Atv's I have seen and tried I would have to say that the Kazuma aka Redcat is my personal choice. If your daughter enjoys riding then perhaps a larger and better quality bike is worth while to purchase in the future.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which youth ATV?

Originally posted by: MPK123
If your daughter has never riden before she may wish to try a 50cc first. She could ride it for a year then upgrade. The price of a chinese atv is very little so you could possibly buy a 50cc for 500-600 then sell 2 years later 300-400. Out of the few 50cc Chinese Atv's I have seen and tried I would have to say that the Kazuma aka Redcat is my personal choice. If your daughter enjoys riding then perhaps a larger and better quality bike is worth while to purchase in the future.
That is a good idea. I am willing to spend about $700 for an ATV for her. I have seen a bunch of chinese versions for under that price. I am taking her to my friends house this weekend who has a Eton 90. I will see how she does on that to determine the size I need to get for her.

Quick Reply: Which youth ATV?