Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

150cc trouble please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 150cc trouble please help

i just had the same problem, check the tie rod end that connects to the steering stem,i lost a cotter pin and it loosend way up tire went one way quad went the other way..just a thought,later hoyt

Old 03-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

after looking at everything I found the problem being the tie rod. IS there a way to tighten it up? or does it need to be replaced. Also the left front headlight broke off and will now need to be rewelded to the frame. This quad slides great. a little poor on the turning but I think wheel spacers should be good. It was 23 degress and it fired up right way. On the third push of the button. The engine is sound though.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

If the nut securing the tie rod end to the steering stem is tight, and you still have play up and down, then you will need new ends. Raceway will have them.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tnjlaptops
after looking at everything I found the problem being the tie rod. IS there a way to tighten it up? or does it need to be replaced. Also the left front headlight broke off and will now need to be rewelded to the frame. This quad slides great. a little poor on the turning but I think wheel spacers should be good. It was 23 degress and it fired up right way. On the third push of the button. The engine is sound though.
theres a nut on each end you tighten those up or do you mean the castle nut was loose??? both can be tightend dont forget the cotter pin to keep it tight.later hoyt

Old 03-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the tierod that goes to say the steering bars and then to the wheel. I see two threaded ends on both the connection to the steering bars and to the wheel. The nut is tight but I need to get the threads into the connections (steering connection and the wheel connection) more. As compared to the other side the threads are showing a lot more.
Now there is a castle nut below the joint that connects to the rod by the wheel but it will not move and I don't want to break it. I somehow broke the headlight weld.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

the nut on each rod end moves up and down the threads but it doesn't put the threads in more.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

pull the castle nut off pull the rod and ball joint off then loosen the nut on the rod and adjust the rod and retighten the nut, put the attach the ball joint and put the castle nut on and tightnen it up and put the cotterpin back in.....i hope this helps and im understanding you correctly .

when you done and all put back together your wheels should be pointing straight and the handle bars should be straight

report back let us know

hoyt

Old 03-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Welcome to the forum tnjlaptops! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I see that godIlove3ride is giving you some good advice. As for the how tight should the nut be. i usually tighten them pretty tight at first and then back off the nut until its loose. And then snug up the nut so there is no movement.

did that make sense?
MWQ do you still have all those toys...if you do ...I here by change your name to.

Waaaaaaaaaaytomanywifesqaud...lol your shop must be like a warehouse.

hoyt

Old 03-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

the castle nut to the ball joint will not budge? is there a way to get it to budge I don't want to break it. the pin is removed.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

right on the other side ball joint opposite of the castlenut lift up the rubber you can put a wrench on it just like it is a bolt , it has 2 flat spots for putting a wrench this will take pressure off the ball joint when trying to loosen, even try heating it up a little i said a little bit with propane torch just the castle nut...might help. hope you can understand my babble im better at doing than explaining

let us know

hoyt

Quick Reply: 150cc trouble please help