Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Giovanni 110cc Mini Hummer Arrived Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giovanni 110cc Mini Hummer Arrived Today

godIlove2ride....Don't underestimate your knowledge and advice, I checked for this flat head screw and sure enough it was there, on the right side of the bowl right near the bottom. I removed the nail from the carb bowl line and tightened that screw...sure enough, the flow stopped. Thank you very much. I will double check it again tomorrow.

wolfman111471...thank you too for your very detailed advice. If by chance, the above does not work, I will follow your advice.

This forum is wonderful...You guys are great.

Bil

Old 03-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

Today's update...(Wednesday):

As you read above, I think I have the fuel leak solved thanks to godIlove2ride.

Some more noted points on the 110cc Mini Hummer:

- there are no grease nipples anywhere to maintain
- most of the bolts are the self locking type, which is nice. I used some Loctite on several that I thought needed them.
- there was NO gelpack in my carb
- oil changes are a breeze, just remember to lift the back end up to drain the last bit of oil. There is no external oil filter that I can see.
- I find it odd that there is no petcock valve or any type of fuel shutoff...maybe I will put one in.
- the tires come shipped inflated to 30 psi. The treadwall says max 24 psi. I adjusted the fronts and rears to 14.5 and 15 psi respectively

What I did today:

- checked every nut and bolt for tightness, there were a few that definitely needed torqueing (sp?).
- I bought some automotive fuel line and proper clamps to replace the cheap factory lines and clamps. (1/4 inch Inside diameter) I discovered the fuel line from the tank to the little fuel filter is larger than the line from the other end of the fuel filter to the carb...therefore, I could not use the new fuel line for this this latter section...for now I will stick with the original parts except for the tank to filter section, which I replaced. Even the male end on the carb was too small for the 1/4 inch line...crazy!!!
- did the oil change with the 15w40 oil.
- adjusted the front wheel toe
- lubed the chain and sprockets with castrol chain lube (spray can)
- changed the spark plug. I used about a .05 inch gap...the original LG was about .045 and the manual suggests .07 plus or minus .1 I kinda split the difference!
- connected the negative terminal, put some 91 octane fuel in the tank in preparation for ignition!!!

Low and behold, the bike came to life right away with a couple blips of the throttle. It actually has a nice sound coming from the pipe. I let the bike run for around 25 minutes and then rechecked the oil level. It ran perfect so far.

I put a jack under the frame to lift the rear wheels in order to be able to rev up the engine. This is where I discovered another problem...the rear axle is bent. It's very noticable even by eye. The rear end shakes like crazy and you can see the brake rotor going from left to right through the caliper....I'm not impressed so say the least. I will send allstarsalez another email regarding this. It's just not going to be safe for my 7 year old to ride with this much vibration and the possibility of brake failure as a result of the bent axle.

Speaking of allstarsalez, John is going to send me a new body cowl to replace the damaged one in shipping...I just have to pay a $22.00 USD handling charge...not too sure about that, but at least he is looking after his customers. His communication is great...very timely!

So that's all for today...I will keep you all informed as the days go on. I'm still have a 150cc and 200cc ATV coming from Vancouver that I will have to get up and running...and my '02 Raptor 660 is in the shop for a new one way bearing and full service...no rest for the wicked

Later,

Bil

Old 03-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

One piece of advice I can give you about the lack of grease fittings. My son's Redcat also had no fittings anywhere on the bike. I drilled and tapped holes in the tops of all the ball joints and threaded in some grease fittings I bought at Advance Auto.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer

Good advice for the grease nipples, but I probably won't do this. If parts fail, they are cheap enough to replace.

Has anyone ever had issues with the brake, such as having to bleed the factory fluid, or replacing the factory fluid? Not sure if I should do this as a precautionary measure or not.

Bil

Old 03-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Never had any problem, but hey, it wouldn't hurt to bleed them just to be on the safe side. It's nice and easy to do.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

I bought one of these quads for my daughter and if you don't have any metric wrenches, you better get some cause you are gonna need them. I adjusted the valves, set the toe-in, had to remount the fuel tank as the mounts were all crooked, had to tighten the front a-arms after 3 hours of use as they were really loose, had to tighten the exhaust, had to make new bushings for the rear swingarm, have had to retighten the rear hubs---twice, had to remove the safety lanyard switch as it was malfunctioning, had to replace a brakelight already, had to make some rubber pieces to mount the battery into as it was too loose in the factory mount, and I just noticed the rear swingarm mount area is worn badly on one side. I also noticed the front a-arm pivot areas are getting loose so I think I will be building new bushings for them as well. One thing after another with this thing. If my Kawie 650 had as many problems, I would have blown it up a long time ago!!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Still sounds like you have spent very little money on parts, albeit you're making some yourself. How long have you had the quad?

Old 03-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

About 2 months. I had a good look at the swingarm today and it looks like there will be some welding required to repair the slop in the swingarm. That will be tomorrows job I think. Gotta do a little brainstorming to see how I'm gonna fix it first. The engine runs well but it's all the other stuff that is falling apart. Good thing I have a buddy with a lathe to make me new parts!!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi bilinvic, Love reading your post !! good stuff !! I'm having the same problem with my new one regarding loose axle and was wondering about getting any input at all from you or anyone on how to go about fixing it. Is there any bearings in there ? The quad has only 6 hours on it and the kids are kinda bumed out about it. I am very mechaniclly inclined and i don't mind doing the work. I just wanted some input first..........Thanks

Old 05-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is what I found !!!!! No wonder the axle was moving. Is it similar to your trouble bilinvic ?
Name:  may2008013.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  71.2 KB

Quick Reply: Giovanni 110cc Mini Hummer Arrived Today