Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Wheel Alignment on 07 Eton Viper 90R

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Alignment on 07 Eton Viper 90R

My Viper (4-stroke model) was way out of alignment on the front wheels, and so I disconected the tie rods and screwed them in/out as necessary to make the wheels point straight ahead rather than "toe out".

All that was fine, but then we rode the quad for a while and... it was way out of alignment again!

How is this possible? I called the dealership (Bulldog Powersports in Cambridge, Ontario), and they wouldn't discuss it - said to take it in.

Does anyone know how such misalignment could occur again so quickly? (Keeping in mind that I has to actually disconnect the tie rod ends and rotate them to change the Toe-in.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-26-2007, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's not something wearing out i'd count the threads when you redo the alinment , then if it does it again check the threads numbers again to see if they're the same as before ; you might also use some threadlocker on the tie rod's this time ! Oh and a question for you does the tie rod sleave have clamps like on auto type tie rod connection's do ? This is the only thing i can think of at this time , i hope this help's you out ! williebee

Old 04-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a bunch for the reply, williebee. I will count the threads to see if the rod is moving. Also, I did call another Eton dealer, who said us loctite, and also said I do not have to take off the tie rod ends to adjust them: just loosen the nuts and turn the whole rod, them tighten the nuts again and use loctite. Will try this.