Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

110 smokes

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007 | 01:03 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 110 smokes

Hey I am new here and I just bought one of those import atv for my doughter from a car dealership that had one new in the crate sorry but cant remember what the name of it was but the thing is a four stroke it runs real well but it is smoking all I have done is take it out of the crate and put it together tonight and rode it off and on for mayby 20 minutes what could be the problem with it its full off oil and has good gas in it any info would be great

Old 05-10-2007 | 01:32 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 110 smokes

Should I change the factory oil or leave it alone for a while I was reading some other post and they talked about changing the oil but what kind of oil should I use just plain old 10w 30 motorcycle oil from walmart or napa.

Old 05-11-2007 | 03:34 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 110 smokes

I changed the jap ail out and it still smokes will it do that for awile till all the old oil is out of the bike by riding it more to try and snapp it out off it

Old 05-11-2007 | 08:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default 110 smokes

Well,I dont know what to tell you,but the oil should have been changed before you ever rode from what I read.I dont think thats the problem though if you havent riden it along time an hard.
I started using Shell Rotella T 15-40.
If the bike was on the floor it might have got riden hard before you bought it
Did you test ride it before you bought it?
Is it oil thats burning or running too rich?
My sons smoked alittle when I first got,but after about 5-10 hours it seems not to now.But it could have been breaking in.I dont know much but maybe this will help a little.

Old 05-11-2007 | 11:12 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 110 smokes

It has never ran until I got it I put it together atv was still in the factory crate the only thing I can think of is to let her ride it and see if it stops smoking she has only rode it for about 45 minutes total time on the motor. Does yore atv have A fuel shut off valve on it cant find one on this bike.

Old 05-11-2007 | 12:48 PM
Range Rover
Default 110 smokes

What color is the smoke?

Is it exiting from the exhaust pipe or maybe it's coming from burning off the shipping oil from the hot engine parts?

Old 05-11-2007 | 01:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default 110 smokes

Yea,mine has a fuel shutoff on the left side.
If its oil burning,seems like you smell.Mine did'nt smell like burned oil but more like it was running rich.
Have you talked to where you bought from,to see if they can do something.
Mine is a Red Cat.

Old 05-11-2007 | 01:59 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 110 smokes

I think the smoke is white but it could be a little blue I think silverado ss has a good point when its running it comes out the pipe but you also see it when its idling in front of the headlight so it might be just burning off the oil and new paint my black pipes on my harley smoked for a while till the oil burnt off them till the pipes got broke in how long did yours smoke till it stopped ss. *** for the fuel on and off all I can see on this one is the choke lever when you turn that lever up it dies when its down it runs if it is running rich how do you adjust that havent had much time to look at it with work and all thanks. Plus I called the people I bought it from and they said to change the oil but since the oil change she only rode it for mayby 20 minutes he said the oil that they are shipped with should only be used for 2 hours for break in and then changed.

Old 05-11-2007 | 06:51 PM
Range Rover
Default 110 smokes

I haven't noticed any smoke coming from my sons Coolster 110 (had it for two weeks, changed the oil after ~30 minutes of riding). But the thing reeks awful from the film that's all over the engine parts after it's been ridden. I was just figuring that if yours had the film on the engine parts that mine had, then this could be where the smoke is coming from.

Old 05-11-2007 | 07:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default 110 smokes

After 20 minutes of runtitme...everything that is going to burn off will be gone. If you have smoke...you have a problem.

Do you have access to a compression gauge? I would bet you have a valve issue...or one of the rings is defective. Regardless, it isnt good.

Quick Reply: 110 smokes