Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

TMS 200 STIV Shineray rear shock upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMS 200 STIV Shineray rear shock upgrade

I have a TMS 200 STIV I bought from ebay from T-MOTORSPORTS its made by shineray and the rear shock is way to soft. I always here about how stiff the shocks are and mine is not.The rear shock bottoms out as soon as I set on it and the muffler rubs on the chain guard and on the top of the rear disk rotor. I need to get a new stiffer and if possible, adjustible rear shock. I measured the shock from eye to eye and its 9" but I would gladly take a shock that was a little longer as long as it will bolt up. Does anybody know of where I can get a adjustible rear shock or a really stiff rear shock that will bolt up to my atv. Its very simular to the roketa h-bird and other 200 cc atvs from china but the shock is angled in more then on these atvs as there more straight up and down. Oh and I had a fuel problem that I solved if this helps anyone. The fuel line coming from the tank that goes to the petcock, The petcock was mounted to high for gravity feed and the bore was way to small to give enough gas to the carb. So I bypassed the petcock and joined it directly to the carb at a more downward angle. Through the a gas filter of course, and it runs, starts and the power is great now, before it was very hard starting and bogging bad with very little power. I can't ride this until I get a new shock, I do not want to damage it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

If you can get 10.5" of clearance between the shock mounts, then you can go with one of the CRF50 shocks that are on eBay. The guys that use these as pit bikes demand a huge market of high end performance parts. There are always NICE gas/oil shocks sprung for kids-adults for around $75.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think there will be enough room, but I am not positive. I think it would just raise the height in the back a little. And you are positive that the rear shocks from the crf50 will bolt right up to my atv? I have seen those on ebay and they look of high quality. thanks for your reply.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone who owns a china atv ever tried a crf50 rear shock? Or changed to a upgraded shock that fit. Please let me know. I have to be sure it would fit before I buy a crf50 rear shock. I do not want to waste my money on something that will not fit. Thanks