Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 110 spark-no spark

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 110 spark-no spark

My son has Kazuma 110 falcon. We bought it for him 2 yrs ago and its been great up until now and he rides the heck out of it.

The other nite he put it away and next day it wouldnt start, I went out and checked for spark and got none. I brought it to the dealer, he tried a new coil, checked connections still no spark, so he thought it was the ignition switch. I went home cleaned switch and it started but ran rough and kept dying and wouldnt start again, put new NGK plug in and no spark.

I never see spark with the plug out(I even held it a few times) but with the plug in now it either wont start at all or it will just barely start up but run like crap and then die.( by the way I eventually spliced the 2 green wires together in the ign. switch to bypass it)

I tried starting it this morning and it started for a few seconds then died and now when I try cranking it over and hit the the gas it stops cranking., thats new to me an engine cranking and the second I hit the gas it stops cranking right away.

Thanks for any help.

Ryan

Old 05-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Range Rover

Could be battery related?! The part where you said it stops cranking when you hit the gas sounds like the battery may be either dead or on its way out. Also, a dead battery could cause a weak spark if the battery is shorted internally and is drawing too much juice from the alternator, not leaving enough for the ignition.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bet your right, probably cranking it too much drained the battery, which caused my second promblem of hitting the gas and crank stopping.

I'll recharge the battery, I still cant figure out the spark issue. I obviously have spark because its starting but everytime I pull the plug I never see spark, or feel it.

I read a little on here about valve adjusting, maybe thats it?

update: I just went out there and the battery is cranking fine and I got it started for a second. I pulled the plug and cranked it and got just a second of bright blue spark and then it went away, now no spark.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Got the battery all charged up and tried again just for kicks, got good bright blue spark, put the plug back in and it fired right up and ran great.

My son cruised around for about a half hour starting and stopping several times and it ran great, let it sit for about 45 min. and tried again....no spark none whatsoever?

I'm stumped, I hate electrical.

Any ideas?

Ryan

Old 05-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either the battery is not charging.........or the battery is being drained when sitting.............Do you have a volt meter or can you borrow one from the guy next door?
Check the quad before starting(voltage).......then check the voltage while idle,and check the voltage when giving it some gas..........The voltage should increase.......If not charging system trouble!!!.......Caper....

Old 05-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I dont think I have a battery promblem anymore, I think that was just the one time from cranking it too much. Its turning over fast now.

After riding it around yesterday then just all of a sudden no spark last night, I tried it today and it fired right up, he rode around went over bumps down the trail ran fine. He went to get on it again rode across the yard and it died no spark, let it sit 10 minutes tried again fired up ran good for about 1 min. and died.

I dont thing its a loose wire cause it seems all the bouncing would kill it on the bumps on his trail, and i've checked every connection a dozen times.

I would guess its either the stator or the cdi, i'm just wondering which one is more common to intermitten spark?

Old 05-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

stator I replace 2-3- a week but on your model we have lots of problems with the kill switch going bad and it could be it