Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

SOMEONE PLS HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOMEONE PLS HELP!!!!

wadup one...does your atv have a wire harness right where the sprocket is on the engine. I dont know what wires are suppose to be connected to. You can see it in that 1st pic just right above the drive shaft mechanism on my engine. And also my carburator overflows alot. Gas just comes out after a minute of warm up. suggestions....

Old 10-02-2007, 04:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

after tweeking the carb to the adjustments on this sight it idles fine but, when you suddenly press the gas it bogs out at first then revs up. Another thing is that it sounds and feels like the engine wants to give out more powerwhen in gear, but something is not letting that power come out. is it the carb again? when the engineis in gear and you press the gas all the way in it sounds like its gonna die, but it will rev high when you slightly press it in. maybe about 1/4 ways in. whats up with all this now!!!uuurrr...someone got info.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Trailblazer

no I don't have a harness on mine sorry no clue (chain drive)

have you played with the float needle as this controls / adds more gas when you want to go (more than idle) it kind of sounds like your almost flooding, but it also could be spark related as in the cdi, but I'm not sure. oh yeah hows your air filter? not sure if your useing it to get it running but if you are it could be to dirty and staving the engine. when you say your over flowing is the gas coming out of a hose on the bottom of your carb bowl? if it is it shouldn't be you need to tighten the bowl bleeder screw above the hose.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

congrats on your success so far. sounds as if you are having a flooding issue, may want to check the float bowl, needle, and seat, if the unit sat for any length of time, it may need a good cleaning and adjusting.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Man still the same problem. Engine bogs out major when 1/4 to full throttle. could it be like a ground problem. sometimes these wires would spark while engine is running......