Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Looking for a 50-110cc kids quad with a foot brake

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a 50-110cc kids quad with a foot brake

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for models of ATV's that have a foot brake on the smaller 70-110cc machines. My daughter's meerkat 50 is right at the end of the size range for her and I'm looking for a bigger unit to fit her into. I had her on a no name atv and she couldn't really squeeze the brakes effectively with small hands so I'm looking for other models that have the foot brake. Ideally the atv would also have 1) headlights 2) CTV automatic 3) Front and rear suspension 4) Reverse would be nice as well but not necessary.

Thanks!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Trailblazer

If you are not in a hurry all the atvs will have to have front brakes and rear brakes as well as hand and footbrakes, I do not know exactly when it will be but some companies are already complying. I was told yesterday that they may do some recalling on the others but do not know for sure about this. PM me and I will tell you what companies already have both as I am getting 1 for my grandson.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya.... Lack of a foot break on my sons LTZ-50 has always left me scratching my head wondering what was Suzuki thinking. These guys are always under the gun from safety advocates, yet they overlook the most obvious addtion of a simple foot break that would lead to better safety.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah it's kinda frustrating to look at all of these models of ATV (Chinese and Brand name) and see how many are lacking in basic features like lights and foot brakes. The lack of headlights basically turned me off all of the Japanese bikes and the lack of foot brakes turned me off the Taiwanese ones (Eton, Kymco). Right now I'm looking at the Kazuma Falcon or Lacoste as the only options. I also some one from a company called the Motorized Fun Company....

Old 10-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

I recommend that you buyyour ATV from either Raceway or Jetmoto. Both are sponsors here.

They stock parts and provide support. Many other dealers do not.

Dave
ATV Connection

Old 10-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Superdaves.... I recently purchased a Baby Falcon 110 for my 7 year old son from Raceway. It is a very nice bike. I didn't much care for the foot brake on the 50 and was looking for a bike with hydraulic hand brakes. Well the Baby Falcon come with Hydraulic brakes, and to my surprise, the foot brake works very well, better than the hand brake. The Baby Falcon is very nice. Double A arm front and disc brakes all around. Frame is much more solid than the 50. With the Double A arms the suspension is really good. It's not too firm and not too soft. The bike is very stable, even with me (6'3, 210 lbs) on it at turns at relatively high speeds. Has a brake light, and shift indicator lights. It has front headlights, but they leave a little to be desired. The 50 had a better headlight. You say that you prefer an auto, I've never had an auto, but I can tell you that the Baby Falcon has a pretty high 1st gear, so you can set it up so that she only rides in first, than gradually move into shifting to second. I've had my boy riding this bike for about 3 weeks now, and got the throttle limit at about 3/4 and he uses 1'st and 2nd, but 1st is plenty fast. I don't really ever see him getting it to 3rd, except on really long, flat runs, which are few and far between here. I have told him 3rd is off limits far now.

If you decide to go with the Falcon, I would suggest you go with the Baby Falcon and not the Deluxe. The Deluxe sits about 3" higher at the seat, too high in my opinion.

I ordered mine from Raceway and it was at my door 7 days later.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks JD4020. I was looking at the Falcon 90 deluxe but I need to have her sit in one first to make sure the size is right. I don't think Raceway will ship to Canada so I'm looking in to a local Kazuma dealer to find that unit. For some reason the models available here seem different as I have not seen the 90 at the local distributor. I will check further for that unit. Thanks!

Old 10-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am new here but just wanted to say that my 3yr old son has a Falcon 90 and the foot brake is exactly why we went with it. It has disc brakes all around and he can use the foot brake quite easily. I can see him using this bike for 3 or more years. His feet just reach the pegs and he can stand on the brake when needed.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

thanks for the input corbinlee and welcome to the forums!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: corbinlee

I am new here but just wanted to say that my 3yr old son has a Falcon 90 and the foot brake is exactly why we went with it. It has disc brakes all around and he can use the foot brake quite easily. I can see him using this bike for 3 or more years. His feet just reach the pegs and he can stand on the brake when needed.</end quote></div>

A 3yr old on a 90???? Not sure that is the smartest idea, footbreak or not....

Quick Reply: Looking for a 50-110cc kids quad with a foot brake