Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma Falcon 90 Deluxe - no spark!!

Old 10-29-2007, 06:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Falcon 90 Deluxe - no spark!!

I bypassed both kill switches, still nothing!! John from Raceway is sending me another cdi box incase the one he sent me before is faulty. I doubt this is going to work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Anyone have any ideas???

Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I myself bought a Roketa Mini 90 from Raceway (same atv just a different name I am told) and had it about a year or so and had the same "no spark" issue you are having.

Mine of course is not under warranty, so for money reason I can not change parts at will like he does for you. I gave up on it and after a few months decided to but a newer and much larger atv for both of us to ride together (father and son time).

Back to the Roketa Mini 90 . . . . . . about a week or so ago I decided to tear it apart and use the parts for a go kart, I was not sure of using the engine or not, but I figured I would give it a try! When I got to trying to get her started again with a new battery, she turns over fine, but just as yours, has NO SPARK.

I started thinking that maybe it was a short as well, so I started inspecting the wiring harness for a short. What I found amazed me . . . . . . it is absolutely insane the amount of wiring, splices, and connectors that this thing has in the wiring harness. Who in the heak thought this thing up??????

Anyways, I did find a few questionably loose connections in it under the black tape they used. I have gotten to the point now of just building my own wiring harness to eliminate all the unnesacary wiring and connectors.

I do not have a direct answer for you, but I can tell you that I will post back here when I am done rewiring it and tell you if I now have spark without changing the coil or CDI or anything else!

Going thru the wiring harness and seeing how it was put together......There is no doubt in my mind that it could just be very well a loose wire or short!

Good luck to you, and I will post back when done with my new wiring harness

Old 10-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the input S_Beaudry. What you've decided to do is what I'm considering myself. I'm going to try the new cdi box when it arrives and if that doesn't do it I'll start tearing into all of the wiring under the tape. I may just rewire it myself as well. I hope you can locate the problem, and if you do, let me know what you've found. Thanks!!

Old 10-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Range Rover

It could be a bad spark plug. Do you still have the original plug in the quad?

I'm not sure if this plug number will work in your quad, but the NGK equivalent to the one that was in my sons 110cc is the NGK C7HSA. You might want to check with your local auto parts store and see if they can cross reference your plug with a domestic plug. I've read that these Chinese plugs are crap. I changed mine out first thing just to be sure that I didn't have any problems due to that.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:37 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah, I'm using a new NGK C7HSA. I wish that was the problem! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Did you get to change out the CDI and/or coil yet? Any luck in getting her running?

I am in midst right now of completely rewiring my 90cc as I mentioned. As soon as I am done I will post my results.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer

John originally sent me a new coil and cdi. These didn't work. I'm still waiting on another cdi to try. I have high doubts that this will work but we'll see. I think it's somewhere in the wiring, but until I try this new box I'll be waiting to really tear into individual wires. I'll let you know what happens when I get the new cdi.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wings36,

Update as of this morning......

I do not have any spark at all. I have replaced the battery with a brand new one and the engine cranks over easily and with the spark plug out, I do not see any spark across the gap grounding out.

Before I tear apart the wiring, I am checking all the componants and have come scross this.

Correct me if I am wrong here....the CDI has a 5 wire plug on it, I pulled it off and turned the ignition on and all 5 wires have 0 volts in them. As I crank her over, I find that the 2 wires from the magneto to the CDI become live with 0.12 volts. The wire from the CDI to the COIL also then carries the same 0.12 volts.

One of the 5 wires comes from the kill switch but does not have any power at all feeding the CDI box.

Sounds to me that maybe my magneto is bad, am I correct?????

When I crank it over, what should the magneto be feeding the CDI box?????

I am waiting on a call back from John on these answers.......

Steve

Old 11-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Night time update....

I am fairly certain now that the magneto has gone bad and is not producing the volts to send to the CDI box.

I spoke with John at Raceway, and even though I am way out of warranty on this, he made a deal with me to send me one at a reduced price!

Wings36, I know yours is almost new and mine is 2 years old, but I am lucky if my son put maybe 20 hours on it total since new.

Just a thought considering that they are the same engine, well almost sure they are the same engine!

If you need help in testing this out on yours, send me a PM and I can call you and walk you thru how to test the magneto voltage to the CDI.

Steve

Old 11-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Trailblazer

Speaking of the magneto, I should have mentioned that John sent me one of these as well as the new cdi. I received these parts yesterday, I'm going to be working on it this weekend. So what made you come to the conclusion that the magneto is bad? John wasn't very confident that this was the problem, since the bike has probably 4 hours of use. He sent me one anyway to try. I hope that this is the problem. Any info on testing this would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kazuma Falcon 90 Deluxe - no spark!!