Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma Falcon 90 Deluxe - no spark!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Falcon 90 Deluxe - no spark!!

Update-

Well at last my bike is running!!

Thanks to John at Raceway who paid for a repair here in Toledo Ohio. It turns out that it needed a new wireharness (which John supplied to the service center). This would have been a lot of work for me, it's great that I didn't have to touch it. Thanks again John!!

As of now the weather is pretty cold and snowy. The quads will be sitting until spring. Hopefully I won't have any trouble getting them up and running then.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Wings,
Do you any of the details of what they checked for? I am going through the same thing and I can see there are a lot of people with this problem. My post was Kazuma wiring problem No spark. I have to say I found this web site on a google search and the people in here have been great. I hate to just start replacing parts but I dont think I have a choice. Does any one out there have a wiring diagram with what the voltage should be with all the wires? I have done just about everything you have done with checking the wires, unpluged every one and plugged it back in, replaced the spark plug, bypassed both safety switches, checked the on off switch. It looks like the next step is to make my own wiring harness.
Thanks

Old 01-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer

Magic Mike,

The only thing I can tell you is that they checked everything that I did (listed in this post) and found that it had to be a problem in the main wireharness. They got this from John at Raceway and rewired it. Now it works. So there was a short in the main wiring somewhere.

Is your bike still under warrenty?

Old 01-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

No, Its about 3 years old. Im going to take off all the plastic around the wires tonight and see what I find out. Thats about the only thing I didnt do because half the time that plastic breaks. I will check every wire and then just start to replace it with my own. If that doesnt work it will be on Ebay at $50 no reserve LOL. I already bought him a new one so this is just going to be for a spare or for sale. Thanks for all the info. This was the first post I read in this site before I posted mine so it does help!
Thanks,

Old 01-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello iam new to the site and been reading this story i have a simalar prob with a kazuma panda 90cc all sounds the same as i have ie no spark changed the cdi ,plug ,coil,i even got a hold of a secound hand magneto but all that happens is i get i wee spark on the plug and when i put the volt meter on the lead going to the coil i get roundabout 19 volts and as you turn the starter over it drops right down to as low as 2 volts can anyone help the battery is ok. its as if the voltage is getting dragged down ,can any one help cheers i still suspect th magneto or a short on wiring does any one have a wiring digram and voltages thankyou

Old 05-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Trailblazer

Well, here it is spring and I have had both of the quads (Jetmoto 150 and Kazuma 90 Falcon Deluxe) out and running for a couple of weeks now. The only problem is that the Jetmoto is still going strong and the Kazuma is dead in the water with the same old no spark issue!

The quad started right up after the winter and my boy drove it around for a couple of days. Then it just died and wouldn't crank over. Realized that this was a battery issue so I replaced the battery and it was good to go for another few days. Then it just died again. It would turn over but not start. I checked the plug and sure enough it had no spark.

I spoke with Quad Concepts who fixed it here in Toledo, Ohio and they have washed their hands of the whole issue. They didn't warranty their work and won't look at it again unless they get paid.

Obviously I'm not happy. I'm stuck with a quad that definitely has some major issues that causes the wiring to go bad some how.

I hope you can help me somehow John. I know the warranty is up on this thing, but since it was down pretty much since I got it and I wasn't able to do anything with it during the winter, and it's down again my boy still has no quad!!

Old 05-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Trailblazer

Bump!

Old 05-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Trailblazer

Bump, Bump!

Old 05-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Trailblazer

John,

I'd appreciate a response. This post has been up now for a while and I've called and have not received a call back. I need something done about this! Please respond!

Old 06-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Trailblazer

Just in case that anyone is interested, this info may help anyone who has a Kazuma sitting around with no spark.

Luckily I have a father-in-law who is excellent at working on bikes and has fixed mine. The issue lies in the magneto. The magneto armature needs to have the correct gap between it and the flywheel. If the gap is not correct, there will be no or weak spark produced.There is not much in the way of locating the magneto armature or the magneto itself other than playing with the bolt slop. You'll have to use the slop to try and move the armature closer to the flywheel. This was the problem with mine. Also, you'll need to lock these bolts down better than what they are from the factory so they don't loosen and move.

The bolts on this bike are horrible!! You need to put lock washers on everything and crown nuts on certain bolts. I say this since after about a half an hour of riding, this quad will fall apart no matter how tight the bolts are.

Besides the spark problem, I've had other issues with this quad that the Father-in-law has corrected. As it is right now, it runs good and the son is happy.

Note to John at Raceway: Thanks for all of your help with the 2 quads I've purchased from you (within the warrenty period). The only complaint that I have is that I would have appreciated your attention to this last problem that I had instead of the cold shoulder. When this quad went to the shop, they did not fix the problem. The only reason it ran for awhile was luck. Thank the good Lord I have someone in my family that knows what he is doing.

These China quads can be nice for young casual riders, but make sure if you buy one that you know how to work on them. Because you will be!!!