Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Chinese ATV's which one's to buy and assembly checklist

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese ATV's which one's to buy and assembly checklist

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kczukiman

But if you look at the demensions of the 250-v5 it is much larger then the 250 jet.The vbike 250-4s is closer to the demesions of the 250jet.but the v4s is still a little larger.</end quote></div>

Thanks. Yes. I noticed the different dimensions but just wanted to point out the swing arm on the v5 was more like the LM250. The more I learn about these Chinese products is even if they look identical from a picture and spec sheet they can still be very different quality products.

Copycat copycat copycat. They copy Japanese components and products. They copy each other's copies. So much stuff can look the same but I'm realizing that the quality of the raw materials is also important and there is no way to assess that from a picture. Some may use better quality steel or higher grade bolts. I've toyed with upgrading bolts as they loosen up or fall out but then I think that could just shift the stress and failure points to the next weakest place which might cause more problems later. No easy answer.

Assembly and quality control also play a big part in how the thing goes together and stays together.

And lastly, the dealer you buy from is part of your decision. Will they be there to support you 6 month or a year later? Will they still inventory or get parts from the mfg in a reasonable time? The last thing you want is what many have already encountered: a Chinese quad that needs part or service and there is no one (dealer, service center) who can be found to help. This situation fuels the "Chinese POS" yelling more than anything else.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

ATVcrazy,wich model did you buy?

Old 12-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer

I suggest PowersportsMax.com to anyone....great support, good products(lots of choices) ok shipping, GREAT prices, and qty deals.
We bought our Super Machs from them.