Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

ETON 50cc wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ETON 50cc wont start

Hey everyone,

I just got a ETON 50cc off of my friend for free but it doesnt run. Heres the story...

His friend works at an impound lot and it sat there for 2 weeks so he took it, he rode it for a month or so and took it to the trails and was riding it in the rain and it got mud soaked.
They changed the plug and cleaned the sprayed some ether in the carb and tried to start it again and it ran for about 5 seconds and shut off and since then it will not start anymore. It then sat outside for 2 weeks and he gave it to me.

When I gt it I took the plug out, sprayed parts cleaner in the head, blew it out with a air gun, took the carb off and cleaned it in the parts cleaner and put it all back together. When I gt it it sounded like it was flooded, now when I try to kick start it, it sounds like it wants to start but it wont. It has compression, and a strong spark and I guess fuel because the carb was full of gas when i took it off.

My questions are..

1.) it sat outside for 2 weeks with no gas cap vent and it was in the rain, could water have gotten in the tank?
2.) is this a fuel problem?
3.) I read somehwhere about a ETON fuel problem or tank prblem what is that?
4.)Any suggestions?

This is not for me its for my Fiances little brother and I want to get it running.

Also when I got it the key switch had been taken out and hot wired together because it didnt come with the key. Also the electric start does not work anymore.

Do I need a battery charge for this thing to work/start?
Do I have to hold the left brake in to start it? i noticed it has switches on the lever

Could it be water in the fuel?
Bad fuel?
Low compression?

Old 10-31-2007, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

You need three things for an engine to run..Spark,fuel and compression....You say you have a strong spark and good compression so you either aren't getting any fuel or its contaminated and won't burn.....Try pulling the gas line off of the carb and draining the old gas into a can...This will verify that you are getting good flow through the line and will get rid of the old gas...Fill it up with some fresh stuff and retry.....If it doesn't start after a minute or two pull the spark plug...If its wet you aren't getting spark...If its dry you aren't getting fuel...Does the choke work properly?......The only gas tank problem I have ever heard of with the etons is the reserve doesn't work very well so you can't get every last ounce of fuel but other than that they work fine..If in doubt fill it up..Also try a new spark plug if its wet..I have seen plugs that would fire fine but not under the pressure inside the cylinder...Let us know how you make out.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

I found out what the problem was...

one I had the petcck on run and it should have been on reserve, but that didnt matter because I drained the gas and put a full tank of 93 in it.

two, the air box was filled with mud

and last I went n anythingatv.com and got the wireing diagram for this thing, it was hotwired wrong, I wired all fur ignition wires tgether and one kick it started.

Als it is not a 50cc, its a 90cc.

Also this thing has a ping noise to it, it is not all the time but me being 130 lbs when I ride it and take off while turning right it pings, but not left, straight or while riding. Any ideas on that?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Try greesing up the little greese nipples on both sides, next to the drum brakes see if that helps..if greese starts coming out of the creases then that should be enough..it might have to do with something on the swing-arm