Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Redcat KMX 50

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat KMX 50

I am looking at purchasing this ATV for my young son to ride around the back yard and in a field behind my house. I would like some insight to Chinese manufactured ATVs. Are these safe units? I wanted to look at some of the Japanese brands, but do not want to invest in a sport that I am not sure he really will enjoy. Are these good units for light riding. This is a step up from the big wheels for him which his is now bored with. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Old 11-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Trailblazer
Default Redcat KMX 50

My son has the Kazuma Meerkat 50, which is the samething. I think it is a good starter quad. They have a throttle limiting screw and two kill switches. I do wish it had front suspension, but for where my son rides he is ok with out it. I have had to do every little to it.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Redcat KMX 50

Does it have a remote kill switch and front brakes? Did you look into the Jetmoto 50cc

Old 11-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Redcat KMX 50

i wounldn't even think of the kazuma meerkat, we had 2 for appox. 2 years we purchased in 04 for our 4 and 5 year old grandkids at the time, big headach from the first day we had them, chains kept falling off until we replaced them, but also had many major electrical and carburator problems, and because the engine was over rev many times because the kids were to young to learn how to shift gears we had many valve adjustments. also the intake manifolds broke or cracked quite a few times, one time both quite runing within an hour of each other because of the handlebar bar switches burned up. had to replace the engine in one them. they only have the rear foot operated drum brake which rusted up on both of them. they use the rotary simi automatic transmission which sucks for a 4-5 year old, i could go on more and more but i won't bore you, you do owe it to yourslf to look at e-bay item 260186077363 which is a BTM 50cc wide track, this atv has both f&r disc brakes, also has an automatic with a neutral.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default Redcat KMX 50

It does not have front brakes or a remote kill switch. I have been happy with it. He has went across a river that was about 5-6 inches deep and about 25-35 feet across. He has been mudding in a mud pit that we made in our yard. All this and no major problems.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Redcat KMX 50

In the BTM Wide track ....it looks good, but with shipping it costs similar to the Kawasaki, Honda, and Suzuki brands. Why so much for shipping when others are offering free shipping?