Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

flooded and dead

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flooded and dead

hi guys,have bought a 110cc hurricane quad bike i am a total novice.had it going xmas morning then wouldn,t go on trying it in the afternoon.it has a brand new battery on it i believe i may have flooded it cos fuel is leaking out now.anyways due to my constant trying of startint it the battery came weak so i tried jumping it off with my car.now it dead now power at all not even for the lights any ideas what i might of done.
is there any fuses to blow etc ??????

really feel i have let my boys down as they still have not been on there xmas present please help me!

Old 12-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Range Rover
Default flooded and dead

Do you have an owners manual, look in it and see where the fuses are, id check the fuses first.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default flooded and dead

hi, if you have a meter check the batt if no voltage--------------the strongest i do is a2-10 amp 10min only at 10 amps trickle charger 25-35 dollars.lol 01 SCRAMBLER 500 4X4

Old 12-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default flooded and dead

tonyred it sound's like your carburator float and inlet needle is sticking , if you got it shipped to you in the crate ; and you had to do the final assembly and you didn't remove the gell pack from the carburator bowl this could explain the fuel leak !

When these quads are shipped from the factory the carburator has this gell pack inside the carburator bowl to protect the float and inlet needle from damage during transit to the Dealer , and some online Dealer's ship the quads to the buyer's door ; still in the crate so they can save money by letting the buyer assemble the quad's themselve's !

I've heard some people say they didn't remove this gell pack and simply drain the cheap factory oil , and refill with good oil and fill the fuel tank ; then start the engine and let them run for an hour or more long enough for the gell pack to disolve and run through the engine !

This doesn't work all the time and they have the same problem you're havng , i don't know where the fuse are on these quad's ; there should be some kind of owners manual that tell's how to assemble the quad and where the fuse are located !

You will have to remove the carb and clean the gunk from the carb if the gell pack wasn't removed before starting the engine , and if you didn't drain the oil that was shipped with the quad you should do this now before you restart the engine ; and as for the battery after you find the fuse you should put the battery on a battery tender/motorcycle/atv battery charger with no more than a 2 amp trickle charge cycle for 12 to 18 hour's for proper charging if it's completely dead !

And there should be a kill switch on the left handle bar you might check this out also , some even come with a remote control to kill the engine if a kid get's into trouble ; the parent's can kill the engine with a remote control !

If this doesn't help someone who has a quad like your's will give you the right info , i have never bought a chinese quad before ; i'm just giving you what i've read about them on these threads !

So good luck and be safe when you get it going , and Happy Holiday's to all !.........

Old 12-27-2007, 05:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default flooded and dead

thats the problem i bought it nearly new so had no manual

Old 12-27-2007, 06:22 AM
Trailblazer
Default flooded and dead

You might can download the manual.

As for the battery,I know my sons RedCats factory battery would turn the motor over but wouldnt have enough amps to start it.The meter would show full charge on volts,but still was weak.

My sons flooded Christmas day(got it last Christmas),I took the spark plug out,turn it over to rid exess gas,put it back in and let it sit for about 1/2 hour to let fuel evaporate and it fired right up.

You need a charger for small batteries.I got mine at WalMart,its a Shumaker 6/12 volt,I believe it's a 1 amp,with autotrickle charge to keep from over charging.If the battery seems not to hold a charge still,get a new battery.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default flooded and dead

tonyred stewartlittle is correct , there is or was a site where you could download the owners manual in pdf form ; someone had the link to site it's been quite awhile since i saw it !

I'll try to find it i just hope i saved it on my external hard i've had to reformatte my pc over a half a dozen time's ; when i let my brother use it i'll try to find it and get back to you if i still hve it !

Old 12-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default flooded and dead

tonyred you may find a shop manual for you quad at this website , (
http://www.repairmanual.com/ ) but there was a site that you could download the manual directly to you pc.in pdf form ; but it's been so long ago i don't remember what the site's URL adress is !

I can ask my brother to look it up using the search engine google to find it for you , but he work's the morning shift driving a lift truck for Mohawk Industries ; and doesn't get off work untill 3:30 PM and it's after 4:00 PM when he get's home if he has to work overtime then it could be 7:00 or 8:00 PM !

But i will make a note to remind me to call him , and get him to look it up for you ; if it's still on the pc and i'll get back to you with the info if he can find it !

In the mean time may be somone might see your post and give you the link to the site , untill then have a good day and be safe !..........

Old 12-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Range Rover
Default flooded and dead