Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 50 wiring problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 50 wiring problem

My sons kazuma just stoped working ( No spark). I have read all the post on these and see that its been a problem with the wiring. Heres what I have done. I've pulled it apart and checked all the connections. I think i've traced it back to the ignition switch. When I turn the key to the on position there is only one wire with voltage coming out. I cant seem to find a wiring diagram on the web to jump one or two of the wires going to the magneto to see if thats it. I bypassed all the safety switches and checked the engine kill button on the handle bars. Yes I did replace the spark plug too to see if that was the problem.

Does anyone have any other sugestions or the wiring diagram for this so I can continue to put myself through hell... I've had quads and bikes for the past 24 years and have never been stuck like this...lol
Thanks!

Old 12-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer

My sons meerkat had a starting problem on I found that it only had power on one wire from the ignition switch. I thought that was incorrect, I called John at Raceway and he said that was normal. The other wires get power once the magnito is turning. You should check for power and groung at the coil when cranking the engine. Sounds like a CDI box may have went bad.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, will do. I checked the 4 or 5 wires coming out of the magneto while cranking and only see a .43 coming out of any wire. Did you have the same?
Thanks,

Old 01-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Trailblazer

I don't remember what the voltage was out of the magneto, I don't have my volt meter at home today. I can bring my voltmeter home Weds and check voltage on my sons.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks STP,
I did notice I have 26 volts coming out of the black and white wire. I still do not have any voltage going into my coil. I read a lot of post where people bought extra CDI's thinking that was the problem. If you have an extra one Email me and I will buy it off of you. I think that is the problem?? or should I say hope.
Thanks again!!
binski72@yahoo.com

I will say this.. once I get this thing going I am going to make a detailed post of every step I took and the voltage for every wire. Hopefully it will help other people out there because I know how to work on these and im still having a hard time getting this going.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

I don't have an extra CDI. I will not be able to check the voltages Weds night, I will get to that on Thurs. night.
As far as getting a CDI, I would recommend calling John at Raceway. He probably has then in stock.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry it took long for me to get back to you. I did some checking on my son's quad and I come up with the following:
Key on engine off, only wires that had power were the black and red ones, both had battery voltage.
key on engine cranking, red wire- battery voltage, Black wire- battery voltage, Black/white wire- 42volts A/C, Green wire- ground, Both yellow wiresabout 4 volts A/C
Key on engine running, Red wire- battery voltage, Black wire- battery voltage, Black/white wire-90 volts A/C, Green wire- ground, Both yellow wires- About 9.85 volts A/C
This was all done at the connection from the key switch.
hope this helps.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Magic Mike,

I am also very interested in your findings. I have a Hanma 110 that has been down for a while. No spark at plug, but coil and CDI are good. I have the body off now ready to tackle the connections when I get time. Not too optimistic!

Keep us posted please.

Lavon

Old 01-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Lavon

Magic Mike,

I am also very interested in your findings. I have a Hanma 110 that has been down for a while. No spark at plug, but coil and CDI are good. I have the body off now ready to tackle the connections when I get time. Not too optimistic!

Keep us posted please.

Lavon</end quote></div>

Are you getting spark out of the coil? If you are getting spark out of the coil and nothing at the plug then fither the plug is bad or the plug wire.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I took the CDI and coil at seperate times to a local distributor. He installed mine onto a showroom model for testing. Got spark at the plug both times. Plug is new NGK. I'm stumped.

Quick Reply: Kazuma 50 wiring problem