Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Aim -ex 250cc

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 01:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aim -ex 250cc

Well im courious on where to buy direct / Prices and quality? I want a Banche but i dislike the 6-7k price tages and im seeing these and reading they could stay right up the the yahmahas stock . I been seeing lately ..maybe 30 of these on some forsale sites used for only 500-700 in SO called good condition and retail for 1300$ so the more info i can get from Owners the more im gona lean on this ATV and possible buy 1 .
I only ride 4-5 x a year and I ride 1x a year in Upper Michigan and we beat the hell out of them. Thanks a ton for all the Info

Old 01-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Aim -ex 250cc

I do not want to bust your bubble, but I own what is arguably the best Chinese ATV out there (JetMoto 250, 07 model), and while it will out run a stock 250 EX, and a Rancher 350, it will not touch a Banshee.

There is not a Chinese ATV out there that will touch it from what I am seeing, and certainly not a 250. While some are good alternatives to spending alot of money on a new bike from the Big 4, if you buy one expecting it to be a rocket, you will be greatly dissapointed.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Aim -ex 250cc

Vistal,

There is not a single Chinese ATV that will stand up to any serious abuse not even the Jetmoto's.

The Chinese ATV's are for those who would like to try the sport out at a reasonable price. They are manufactured with substandard parts that just do not last. These P.O.S. will not with stand any real or constant abuse from an aggressive rider, they would not last the day. Maintenance on the Chinese quad is double that of a major brand ATV.

Buy yourself a nice used machine from the major manufacturers.

If your are an aggressive rider DO NOT buy the Chinese CR_P oh sorry ATV.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Aim -ex 250cc

Very nice reponces .thanks alot . I dont know now . I think ill go to the yamaha/hondaplace and see about used cus i dont need to spend much . I may use it 3-4x a year And now im even considering a 4x4 like the big grizzly but i also wanna hit around 50 for straight ways[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) O wel i got 2-3 more months to reserch thansk aton

Old 01-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Aim -ex 250cc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: smb05

Vistal,

There is not a single Chinese ATV that will stand up to any serious abuse not even the Jetmoto's.

The Chinese ATV's are for those who would like to try the sport out at a reasonable price. They are manufactured with substandard parts that just do not last. These P.O.S. will not with stand any real or constant abuse from an aggressive rider, they would not last the day. Maintenance on the Chinese quad is double that of a major brand ATV.

Buy yourself a nice used machine from the major manufacturers.

If your are an aggressive rider DO NOT buy the Chinese CR_P oh sorry ATV.</end quote></div>

You are being kinda overly critical don't you think? I am 6.4 225, and I have pounded the JetMoto I bought pretty hard, and have not had a failure. It will NEVER be what my Wolverine is, but I would not call it a POS. If a person buys one and does moderate trail riding, it should last a long time.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:29 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Aim -ex 250cc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: biskit134

You are being kinda overly critical don't you think? I am 6.4 225, and I have pounded the JetMoto I bought pretty hard, and have not had a failure. It will NEVER be what my Wolverine is, but I would not call it a POS. If a person buys one and does moderate trail riding, it should last a long time.</end quote></div>

smb05 was riding with me when I broke the lower mount on my 250 Sport quad. I was hammering it pretty hard but it still broke. Now that outofline has broken one too Im sure smb05 is pretty secure in his feelings about Chinese quads. I dont agree its a POS but it definitely has its limits to the level of rider its capable of holding up under.

How you been smb05? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Im thinking of going to gorman again in march. I still have your cell number and will give you a call when I have a weekend picked out.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Aim -ex 250cc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: biskit134

You are being kinda overly critical don't you think? I am 6.4 225, and I have pounded the JetMoto I bought pretty hard, and have not had a failure. It will NEVER be what my Wolverine is, but I would not call it a POS. If a person buys one and does moderate trail riding, it should last a long time.</end quote></div>

smb05 was riding with me when I broke the lower mount on my 250 Sport quad. I was hammering it pretty hard but it still broke. Now that outofline has broken one too Im sure smb05 is pretty secure in his feelings about Chinese quads. I dont agree its a POS but it definitely has its limits to the level of rider its capable of holding up under.

How you been smb05? [img][/img] Im thinking of going to gorman again in march. I still have your cell number and will give you a call when I have a weekend picked out.</end quote></div>

I would most certainly agree that it has limits. As I said, it will NEVER be a Wolverine ( or any other quad from the Core manufacturers). That part is a design flaw. No different than the Quadracers eating cases, and noone called them a POS. Not comparing the Jetmoto to a Quadracer at all, but that was a design flaw too. If you start busting mounts on the four corners, or blowing holes in the engine, or have axles start snapping, then it will be a POS.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Aim -ex 250cc

biskit134,

Unfortunately I do think all Chinese Quads are POS's. Now that's not to say that one-day they will make a decent machine. But right now there is not one that is being built from any Chinese company that will take the abuse from an aggressive rider.

Regardless of a persons size it is the constant pounding and jumping that these quads are just not built to withstand, especially over a period of time. I have a 16 year old that I know would not return from any of his rides if he had to ride a Chinese quad.

Are the Chinese quads good for casual to moderate riding? Sure they are. They are great starter quads for those who do not want to spend thousands of dollars to have a little fun. I will always recommend that a person wanting to get into the sport to try and find a nice used quad before buying a Chinese quad. When it is for a small child then sometimes the Chinese quads are better, kids do progress fast and they will outgrow the quad quickly.

Now even though I think all Chinese quads are POS. I do still find that they spark my curiosity. You never know I may try another one out someday, but right now there isn't one that sparks my interest. Maybe a 2008 Jetmoto 250 with all the updates done to it that have been discussed in the Raceway forum.

So when a person wanting to purchase a quad starts out by saying I want a Banshee, and later in the post also states that "we beat the hell out of them", I will always try to sway them away from the Chinese quad purchase, because there is nothing but disappointment down that road.

Here is a price comparison:

Jetmoto 250 $2199.00
http://www.jetmotousa.com/view...22C0E77DF?pid=2548805

2001 Banshee $2500.00
http://ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/542252851.html

2001 Banshee $2950 in a little better shape.
http://losangeles.craigslist.o...fv/mcy/538939190.html

I know some people do not have a lot to choose from when it comes to used quads in their area, so sometimes the Chinese ATV is their only option without spending thousands of dollars. If this is the case, do a lot of research before you buy that Chinese quad.

SB.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Aim -ex 250cc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: smb05

biskit134,

Unfortunately I do think all Chinese Quads are POS's. Now that's not to say that one-day they will make a decent machine. But right now there is not one that is being built from any Chinese company that will take the abuse from an aggressive rider.

Regardless of a persons size it is the constant pounding and jumping that these quads are just not built to withstand, especially over a period of time. I have a 16 year old that I know would not return from any of his rides if he had to ride a Chinese quad.

Are the Chinese quads good for casual to moderate riding? Sure they are. They are great starter quads for those who do not want to spend thousands of dollars to have a little fun. I will always recommend that a person wanting to get into the sport to try and find a nice used quad before buying a Chinese quad. When it is for a small child then sometimes the Chinese quads are better, kids do progress fast and they will outgrow the quad quickly.

Now even though I think all Chinese quads are POS. I do still find that they spark my curiosity. You never know I may try another one out someday, but right now there isn't one that sparks my interest. Maybe a 2008 Jetmoto 250 with all the updates done to it that have been discussed in the Raceway forum.

So when a person wanting to purchase a quad starts out by saying I want a Banshee, and later in the post also states that "we beat the hell out of them", I will always try to sway them away from the Chinese quad purchase, because there is nothing but disappointment down that road.

Here is a price comparison:

Jetmoto 250 $2199.00

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.jetmotousa.com/view_atv.htm;jsessionid=6A9EA4768B51C9DCAACCEED22C 0E77DF?pid=2548805
">http://www.jetmotousa.com/view...7DF?pid=2548805
</a>

2001 Banshee $2500.00

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/542252851.html
">http://ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/542252851.html
</a>

2001 Banshee $2950 in a little better shape.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/538939190.html
">http://losangeles.craigslist.o.../538939190.html
</a>

I know some people do not have a lot to choose from when it comes to used quads in their area, so sometimes the Chinese ATV is their only option without spending thousands of dollars. If this is the case, do a lot of research before you buy that Chinese quad.

SB.</end quote></div>

Never said these were jump kings... but for the money, they are decent for the rider that both you and I described. Moderate. Take it easy...

Old 01-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Aim -ex 250cc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

How you been smb05? [img][/img] Im thinking of going to gorman again in march. I still have your cell number and will give you a call when I have a weekend picked out.</end quote></div>

Mywifesquad,

I have been pretty good. How have you and the family been?

We have not been out riding much lately it has been real busy here. Also I had to put a new deck on a bigger trailer that I acquired last year. Justin and I finished two weeks ago but our schedules have not been open to go riding. We will be able to get out this weekend so we are heading to Gorman.

If you do make it out in March please give us a call, we are always willing to get out to ride when we can. If you can, see if Eugene will loan you a 2008 Jetmoto 250 for the weekend. It would be nice to see the 2008 model and how they compare to the 2007.

Anyways talk to you later.

SB.

Quick Reply: Aim -ex 250cc