Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

SunL/Hanma 110 gearing and clutch...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SunL/Hanma 110 gearing and clutch...

i got my son SunL/Hanma 110 with a single speed auto clutch. it seems to be geared too tall as it gets stuck easy in loose sand/dirt or going up long hills. does any place sell different sprockets for these? i was thinking the pit bike folks might have something for it BUT they use 420 chains and this atv uses 428 so unless 1) the splines are the same and 2) the rear bolt patter is the same i could swap out both sprockets and chain for that to work. but id rather just change out CS sprocket for now and then go to the other if that wasnt low enough. i dont mind giving up top end for better hill climbing soft terrain driveability...if not then is the clutch adjustable where you can stall the engagement to engage at a higher rpm which would help this prob.... thanks IN advance...N8

Old 06-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have the exact same question you asked. Did you ever figure out how to get a smaller CS sprocket or larger rear sprocket? If so, where did you get it? How about delaying the clutch lockup?

Thanks,

Old 06-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

i actually got a 12t cs sprocket for a klf 110 which is a kawasaki mojave 110 from rocky mountain atv or one of the other big websites. now in theory it fits BUT i guess irregularities in the chinese parts i had to slightly widen the grooves on the sprocket with a dremel tool. after a bit of trial and error i finally got it to where it will fit! it works awesome!!! i didnt even have to mess with the clutch as it grabs with no prob. i will say that it does give up some of the top end which for when my son is riding is okay by me BUT when i ride it to mess around on i guess im used to going a little faster so it seems slow but like i said for a kid its good enough... let me know if you have any more questions.... N8

Old 06-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, that's great. Thanks for the quick reply. I think the 12-tooth sprocket is the ticket for what I'm looking for. I'll look for one myself.

How did you attach it, same as the stock one? Were you able to use the 2 keeper bolt holes in the sprocket and still clear the chain?

Art.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

yea i was able to use the stock retainer and bolts because the new sprocket had the bolt holes in it but if it didnt a simple c or e clip would have done the job as well...

Old 06-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

link for front sprocket....

Old 06-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to keep asking questions. The picture doesn't match the actual sprocket, right? The picture shows a fine-toothed CS while the one on my Hamna is a 6 square-toothed shaft. Just want to double check first.

Art.

Trending Topics

Old 06-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

no the pic isnt the same, the pic is just a file photo. but yes thats the one i ordered...

Old 06-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Range Rover

chinese 4 stroke 50-110cc engines are honda clones, not kawasaki. check this sellers store for the amount of teeth you're looking forchinese quad spockets

Old 06-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

they dont make a 12 tooth for the them and i wanted a 12 tooth for safety, ability to climb hills and run in loose sand the KAWASAKI MOJAVE 110 has a 12 tooth sprocket that WILL work and thats what i run....

Quick Reply: SunL/Hanma 110 gearing and clutch...